The usual (?) "not responding" problem...

Hi all!

After a few months, or even a year without any problems, my Sansa Clip has just shut itself off during my run yestersay, and cannot get on since than.

Yes, I read and tried different methods, also from this board, nothing seems to be working…

It’s not working even when connected to the computer - Which it did just Thursday night before the run.

* Can it be a “wetness” problem? (Well, I ran with it on my shirt, and already tried to lay it on rice).

* As it’s not new, should I try and go for a new one?

Can this thing be fixed?

Thanks!!!

Yaad.

If it did get wet, then you should try putting it  in a sealed bag with dry rice and forget about it for a few days. Just laying it in a bowl of rice for a few minutes won’t help.

Do that, be patient, and then try all of the basic tricks again: Connect to computer and see if it responds. Or leave it connected to the computer or a  charger for a few days in case the battery needs to be trickle-charged slowly. 

@yaadetgar wrote:

After a few months, or even a year without any problems, my Sansa Clip has just shut itself off during my run yestersay, and cannot get on since than.

Yes, I read and tried different methods . . .

It would help to list what “different methods” you tried, so people don’t waste their time (and yours too) by suggestiing the same things you’ve tried.

I seriously doubt it’s a wetness issue. I will say though that what you describe is an almost word-for-word with dozens of other posts here on the forum. In almost all cases a simple reset solved the issue. Press and hold the power button down for a good 30 seconds. Release and then press again. It should start up normally.

If this doesn’t seem to work, try a combination of buttons; Power + Home, Power + Select, Power + Right, Left, Up, Down (one at a time of course) to try and get it to turn on.

Do this at your own risk but you can use a hot blower here if it still doesn’t respond for a few days. 

@mikkirourke wrote:

Do this at your own risk but you can use a hot blower here if it still doesn’t respond for a few days. 

Which will do nothing but heat up the outside plastic casing causing any moisture inside to steam and exasperate the situation and possibly cause more harn to the delicate electronic componenets.

Hi…

Thanks all - but meanwhile nothing seems to work…

I pressed many combinations of the on key + different buttons (for between 20-40 sec) - and nothing happened…

I’ll try to connect it to the computer for the night (though the battery wasn’t empty at all)…

Just can’t figure what’s up with it… :) 

As last problem was long ago, I don’t seem to remember if it took that long…

I can see myself just buying a new one next week :frowning:

Thanks again!!

Yaad.

If you think there is a serious possibility that it got moisture inside, then DON’T  charge it yet. 

Water + electricity = damage.

Dry it in rice for a few days. Then push buttons, charge, etc.