The clip+ has problems when recording and it should have more functions.

1- The clip+ often turns off during recording when the battery is below average. This is a big problem when I am recording meetings or class lessons.

2- The player doesnt allow to record on the sdcard

3- It only allow to record at 384 kbps

You’re probably going to be interested in rockbox.

@firefox wrote:

1- The clip+ often turns off during recording when the battery is below average. This is a big problem when I am recording meetings or class lessons.

2- The player doesnt allow to record on the sdcard

3- It only allow to record at 384 kbps

Yes, you are right, there are some limitations (numbers 2 and 3).  I hadn’t heard of issue no. 1 before, though.

Seems to me if #1 is an issue, then one could/should remember to charge the device at night so it’s ready to go the next day in class. You do it with your cell phone, don’t you?

I dont like rockbox i prefer sandisk!:wink:

The Clip+ has a low quality mic. For recording you should get a decent recorder lthat has better mic(s) and a mic jack with a choice of recording bitrates that can record in mp3 or wma. I suggest you look at the Olympus ws700m,but if you want something cheaper, consider the Olympus VN8100PC or VN8000PC. The VN8100PC and VN8000PC are just mono and have no card slot.

@bobbyray143 wrote:

I dont like rockbox i prefer sandisk!:wink:

To each his own…but Rockbox really opens up the full potential of the Clip+ hardware. I’ve been using it for the last year and it is excellent.