Synced songs don't play

I’m not saying that the car’s interface controls the Clip Sport.  I connect the Clip Sport to a USB port in the car, from there the car’s user interface accesses the Music folder.  From there, I can play songs from folders on the device.  So far, I can only view the “album” folders (subfolders to each artist folder).

• Music - the main music folder on the device
    • Artist - the album folders seem to be sorted by artist
      • Album - the folder level visible by the car’s user interface

Today was better.  After additional consolidating last night, I now get folders for artists starting with M.  There is also a significant improvement in the randomness while shuffling.  I also took a couple of minutes and counted the folders my car was able to access, and it was 150. Whether it’s a limit of the car or the device…I don’t know yet. 

Personally, I don’t care if 500 folders might be a bit much for the device.  I do not recall any limitations in the user information that was provided when I bought it.  Sadly, that information is probably long lost…so I’ll have to deal with it.  I’m still well below the 2000 song limit (less than half as of last night).  

I still stand by my statement that if there is 8G-worth of songs on the device, it should play the 8G-worth of songs.  I suspect part of the problem lies with the fact that I might have one song, on one album, by one artist…which uses two folders.  Hence, me having to go through and consolidate.  Frustrating.

The 16G flash drive is an interesting suggestion.  It may be worth a try one of these days.  :slight_smile:

Ok…off to consolidate more folders!