Settings menu disappeared

Hi. The settings menu on my sansa clip plus has disappeared. The menu scrolls through slot radio, music, voice and fm radio. How can I restore it please. I cannot delete songs now either. Thanks 😢
SanDisk Guru

Re: Settings menu disappeared

if you cant get into settings download the FW from the post stickied at the top of this board and reload the FW. this will force a settings refresh. 

hello. sorry to sound ignorant but what does FW stand for? could you copy the link of what I have to download to this thread? I have tried hard reset by holding power button for 20 seconds but nothing happens. I tried downloading firmware from the official site but that was just a bin file which I cannot open and is useless. I love sansa but I'm very close to changing to a different brand 😢😠
SanDisk Guru

@ wrote:
hello. sorry to sound ignorant but what does FW stand for?

Firmware

@ wrote:
I tried downloading firmware from the official site but that was just a bin file which I cannot open and is useless.

You don't open the .bin file. You drag & drop it into the root (uppermost) directory of the player. It will install itself (see instructions & download link here).

hello thanks for the reply. I've tried to drag and drop the file into the uppermost folder which is AUDIBLE. nothing. I have tried other folders too just in case but no luck. it works I can't delete on the move. I'll just have to learn to live with it and when it finally dies I will try a different brand. thanks for trying.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@ wrote:
hello thanks for the reply. I've tried to drag and drop the file into the uppermost folder which is AUDIBLE. nothing. I have tried other folders too just in case but no luck.

No, I think you have misunderstood. You do not drop the .bin file into ANY of the folders, but instead 'alongside' them. THAT is the root directory.