SanDisk Guru

Re: Screen is extremely dim/basically black

Think of it this way . . . you got 3 years of enjoyment out of it and now you get the opportuniyt to get a more modern and advanced device. And if you get a Clip+ or Zip model they will also have a card slot so you can bump your available memory up by 32GB.

Plus, you don't have to go out and by a 4 gig thumb drive! Smiley LOL

Well, I do have a Clip+ AND a Fuze, and both are fully functional. In fact, I'm listening to my Fuze as I write this.

Turn your power saver back on it will go blank instead of dimming and you press any button to turn it on again and the music still plays the whole time

Your wrong you can fix it

That's not how you fix it dude

Eating helps the world

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I think the screen is theoretically replaceable, for vintage hackers... OLED is known for limited lifetime (hello iPhone X...).

I've had my Clip for around 6 years I think, and it finally went dim-screen on me last week. I turned it on (after not using it for around a month) and at first i thought: **bleep**, I forgot to charge it!. Then I noticed the screen is still barely legible in total darkness. Even with brightness to max (which I can edit in the rockbox config file if needed.)
I'll probably upgrade to another Clip that's Rockbox compatible...

Or you can use Rockbox Voice, and it will guide you through menus: https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/VoiceHowto

PS: maybe clip+ might have same screen piece as the original clip... guessing.