Sansa clip won't charge

hi my sansa clip won’t charge i have try many methods and it still does not work, please help.

Without knowing what you’ve tried, it’s kinda hard to suggest anything. :wink:

I would try different ports; a different cable; and leaving it plugged in overnight. 

Are you able to connect to your computer at all?

-Sansa clip connects to usb/ac charger, it turns on while the usb/ac is plug in, shuts off after its pulled out. device connects to pc no problem. device works fine when haveing power plug into it. this device is just not portable.

-tried holding power up for 15sec to reset device, does not work

-tried putting on hold and press center button for 20seconds, does not work

-tried holding volume + key for a while, does not work

-tried update device to latest version, up to date, does not fix the problem

-tried charging over night for around 12 hours, does not work, devices gets hot after charging for 20minute or so.

DoubleX wrote:

-Sansa clip connects to usb/ac charger, it turns on while the usb/ac is plug in, shuts off after its pulled out. device connects to pc no problem. device works fine when haveing power plug into it. this device is just not portable.

-tried holding power up for 15sec to reset device, does not work

-tried putting on hold and press center button for 20seconds, does not work

-tried holding volume + key for a while, does not work

-tried update device to latest version, up to date, does not fix the problem

-tried charging over night for around 12 hours, does not work, devices gets hot after charging for 20minute or so.

That’s better . . .

Internal disconnected battery lead (or something very similar). Un-repairable. Take it back or contact SanDisk directly about a replacement if it’s less than 1 year old.

Which btw, is what I suggested in your other duplicate post here.

If you’re outside the warranty period to get a replacement from SanDisk, you could try prying the Clip apart and then resoldering the loose battery lead back to the battery or gluing it back with conductive epoxy.  Others have reported success with this.  Note:  you have to be careful in prying the 2 halves of the Clip apart; a thin piece of plastic could help, starting to pry apart at the on switch–there have been various posts on this (you might want to do a search, using the box at the upper left).

I also have a Sansa Clip. It would be an excellent choice for audiobooks if it charged correctly. I have 6 PCs including the one at work. it only charges on one of them. On that one, plug it in, connected shows up on display and stays up. Unplug it an hour or so later and you have have a charge that will last a couple of days. If I plug it into any other machine, connected shows up on the display and goes off a few minutes later. When I unplug it the clip is dead. I can plug it in with a partial charge and when I unplug it an hour later, the battery is dead. This is repeatable on any of 5 of my PC’s. Needless to say I just use the PC that charges it. I feel for people who do not have a wide variety of PC’s to try.

I don’t seem to be able to charge my sansa clip.  Could I get some help? I have hook it to my PC with the sansa clop power on and off. I don’t know much about technical stuff so please help.

What’s the “sansa clop” and what does “sansa clop power on and off” mean?

Try a different USB cable and try a different USB port; if you have a laptop, try a port at the back of the computer rather than the front.  Plug directly into your computer, not through a USB hub.

And you can try charging via a wall outlet, with a USB AC adapter.

Does you player still play when not attached to your computer?

1 Like

@miikerman wrote:

Siunds like simeine swotched hos “i” and ‘o’ buttins in hos cimputer keybiard.

@miikerman wrote:

Liiks like simeine swotched hos “i” and ‘o’ buttins in hos cimputer keybiard.

@miikerman wrote:

Liiks loke simeine swotched hos “i” and ‘o’ buttins in hos cimputer keybiard.

Heh-heh; I thought “clop” was a verb perhaps mistranslated …

:wink:

Some computers won’t allow the Clip to connect, install or charge using USB because of an issue with the MTP mode of the clip vs UPNP of the OS.

If you are using Windows, unplug the Clip from the USB port.

Push the lever on the side down to the “locked” position (orange color will show above it - slider located under USB port on Clip)

Hold down the center button

With center button still pressed, plug in the Clip to the USB port.

Let go of center button when device is detected.

This will force MSC mode as oppossed to MTP mode. May not work as well for somoe, but at least it will charge.

Or, simply set the USB mode on the player to MSC, under the player’s Settings.  :slight_smile:

Hurray, the ac outlet charger worked for me when nothing else  did.  Just a lurker here looking for a solution and found one.