Sansa clip will not play in order, how do I fix?

Fairly new to the sansa clip. I have an 8gig with  the .32 firmware update.

No matter what I try I cannot get my tracks to play in order, it sorts alphabetically. As another poster mentioned a year or so ago (search) they had the opposite problem and wanted to sort alphabetically. Where do you change this on the sansa clip?

Also, I have been having a fit with this little player loading any music and syncronizing with different software. Windows media 10 is having trouble loading more than one of the 6 cd set. media monkey will not sinc. winamp just does not seem to want to load a library.

What is a good software to manage and rip from cd to put on the sansa?

I think I got it.  I am now ripping directly into the sansa using mediamonkey. Seems to be working after a trial run.

You’ll have to edit the ID3 tags with a utility like MP3TAG so your Clip will read them in the correct order. Use numbering on the tracks with leading zeros (01, 02, 03, etc.). Otherwise, it will play 1, 11, 12, 13 and so on.

Mp3tag is indeed a very usefull tool :smiley:

For getting music onto the Clip, good old drag-and-drop really reigns supreme.

@miikerman wrote:

For getting music onto the Clip, good old drag-and-drop really reigns supreme.

Not for me.:stuck_out_tongue:

I use Mediamonkey for all my players…the key is not using any of the automatic functions.

I want an alphabetical list of my songs so I know which one to erase and what song to add.

Simply connect to your computer and view what’s on your player; quick and easy . . . .