Sansa clip shutdown when connected to computer

Hi.

when I connect my sansa clib (2GB) to the computer by USB it is simply shut down, any idea?

Thanks.

Have you tried other USB ports, or other USB cables?

You also can try to force an MSC USB mode connection:   

With the Clip off and in the hold state (on switch all the way down, so that the orange indicator shows), hold the center button down while connecting the Clip to your computer.

Also, you may want to try a system reset:  with the Clip off, hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds.

Hopefully, one or the other will work.

Hi. Thanks. 

I tried other cable. USB and computer and your suggestions but non of them worked…

In case it might be of help:  what kind of computer and operating system?

If the Clip’s Settings/USB is not set to MSC mode, you might want to try that.

Hello,

I’ve got the same issue which just started 2 days ago. I have reset the device <from settings as well as holding the ON switch> and tried putting it in lock mode and holding the middle button while connecting. I also used MSC mode. It just goes dark <seems to shut off> and doesnt respond to inputs.

Anybody else having this problem?

thanks,

Tom

@tdorgan wrote:

Hello,

I’ve got the same issue which just started 2 days ago. I have reset the device <from settings as well as holding the ON switch> and tried putting it in lock mode and holding the middle button while connecting. I also used MSC mode. It just goes dark <seems to shut off> and doesnt respond to inputs.

Anybody else having this problem?

thanks,

Tom

Apparently no one for the last 2 years. Please do not dredge up old posts like this and tag onto the back end of them with a “Me too”.

Better to start your own thread, and give all the information you can about the problem, your player and the circumstances if you honestly want help.

If I had a nickel for every post I’ve read on this forum that starts out “I’ve got the same problem”, I could’ve retired by now. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’ve tried the suggestions given earlier and yours is still DOA, you’d might as well call SanDisk Tech Support.