Sansa clip frozen to screen 'SanDisk sansa'

update #2: so i reformat the thing again, and manually reinstall the firmware, disconnect, and reconnect and yet again shows that the usb device isnt recognizable. so i disconnect, and power the device and it powered on fine, so i reconnect and it finally made connection with my computer. so i put some songs on the device, and the sansa updater popped up and said that there was an update in firmware. i guess for some reason when i manually reinstalled the firmware the 2nd time, it updated it to 01.01.20 instead of 01.01.30, so i let the sansa updater do its thing and update the firmware. after it finished and was safe to disconnect, the taskbar icon finally popped up, so i was able to “safely” dismount. so i disconnect it and power it on, and now it freezes at the “Sandisk Sansa” logo like the orignal poster is getting. previously, i was freezing only at the sansa “flower” logo thing. so i reconnect and my computer was able to read it, so i disconnect and again ( what a surprise : /) it says “not enough space for music db”. wow, i just cant win. if its not one problem, its another. i can’t believe how buggy this stupid thing is. i mean, if it remained 1 or possibly 2 problems, i wouldve reconsidered exchanging it for a new one…but after so many more problems, im hesitant to test out another clip in fear of frustration and wasting time.