Sansa clip frozen to screen 'SanDisk sansa'

update: so my computer crashed and i had to reboot it. i tried reconnecting my clip after i rebooted and it somehow read it, but went straight to “not enough space for music db”. i disconnected and reconnected and it finally made connection with my computer. so i reformatted, and manually installed the firmware because the sansa updater wasn’t working. it seemed to temporarily fix the problem. so i disconnected and turned it on and it stayed frozen on the logo again. wtf? so i reconnect to my computer and disconnect, and turn it on and it loads up the menu. finally! so i check the firmware in the settings menu and it shows 01.01.30. i checked to make sure it was the latest one, even though the stickied thread shows that the latest is 01.01.20. i then tried to add 3 albums, and windows says there isnt enough space on the drive…wow. i checked the capacity of the drive on my computer and it says it has a total of 62 MEGAbytes TOTAL and says ive used up 58.1 megabytes worth of space leaving me 4 megabytes left. so i disconnect it and power it on to see on the settings menu how much space i have, and its true. it says its total capacity is 62 megabytes. so i reconnect it to my computer and (again!) it says “unable to recognize usb” and the player is stuck on the logo again. wow, what a complete nightmare.