SanDisk User

Re: Sansa Clip+ microSD & microSDHC Cards (Max Size)

I suspect it also depends on the type of file as well...FLAC files can fill up both an 8GB player and 32 GB card quickly. (my player holds both FLAC and MP3 files and holds 4000+ files...my whole library is 6000+ files [according to Sony's Media Go software])

Sansa Clip+ 8GB + 8GB microSD formatted by phone/4GB microSD Card|Sony PSP 32GB microSD in a Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter|Samsung SGH-T839 (Sidekick - Tmobile)|Samsung Gravity T (Father is now using it)|(headphone jack not working right) 4GB Sansa Clip+

For Clip+ should I buy the Ultra version, or just Class 4 is enough?

SanDisk Guru

minemax wrote:

For Clip+ should I buy the Ultra version, or just Class 4 is enough?

Class 4 is fine. The faster (higher class) cards are designed for HD and video (in cameras, etc.) which the Clip series doesn't do anyway.

Hello,

It's about 5 years since the question was first asked. There are now 64GB microSD cards, and even bigger ones.

Question 1: What is the biggest size that a Sansa Clip Plus can work with?

Question 2: And what's the fastest speed that the Sansa Clip Plus can work with?

----

Question 3: What is the biggest size that a Sansa Clip Plus can work with, with Rockbox installed?

Question 4: And what's the fastest speed that the Sansa Clip Plus can work with, with Rockbox installed?

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Question 1-4: any card up to 2048GB. 

In the Sandisk firmware you'll still be limited to whatever the maximum number of tracks is for each player (so large cards won't be useful unless you do 1 track per album or FLAC).   People used to say that slower cards were more likely to work well, but I don't know if thats still true for modern cards.  

SanDisk User

Thanks. My niece is about to buy a new card next week. I guess I can test this myself and see how it goes.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Saratoga,

Thank you so much for your response. Your reply, however,  answered Q1 and Q3 only, not Q2 and Q4.Cat Happy

SanDisk Guru

No, I answered those too.

SanDisk Guru

Fastest speed with Rockbox, no issue.  Fastest speed with the OF, some people have found above Class 4 to be problematic, others not (more recent versions may have helped solved this).