Sansa Clip+ microSD & microSDHC Cards (Max Size)

CelebrityVIP wrote:

Hi just had a few questions about upgrading my Clip+

• What Card can the Clip+ take?

A Micro size. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just messin’ . . . The largest size card now is 32GB and it will work fine in the Clip+.

• does it load slower off the card the bigger it is?

As far as playing? No. But the database refresh that occurs after you disconnect from the computer will lengthen according as the card fills up with more files.

• Once pluged in I use Windows Explorer to copy MP3’s to Clip+. Will the microSD card still work like copying to Internal Memory?

Yup. Just remember, is using MSC mode there will be 2 distinct and separately labeld drives, like F: & G:. The 1st will be the Clip+; the 2nd will be the card slot. This occurs whether there’s a card inserted or not.

Cheers

CelebrityVIP wrote:

• What Card can the Clip+ take?

Just messin’ . . . The largest size card now is 32GB and it will work fine in the Clip+.

• does it load slower off the card the bigger it is?

As far as playing? No. But the database refresh that occurs after you disconnect from the computer will lengthen accordingly as the card fills up with more files.

• Once pluged in I use Windows Explorer to copy MP3’s to Clip+. Will the microSD card still work like copying to Internal Memory?

Yup. Just remember, is using MSC mode there will be 2 distinct and separately labeld drives, like F: & G:. The 1st will be the Clip+; the 2nd will be the card slot. This occurs whether there’s a card inserted or not.

Cheers

CelebrityVIP wrote:

- What Card can the Clip+ take?

Just messin' . . . The largest size card now is 32GB and it will work fine in the Clip+.

- does it load slower off the card the bigger it is?

As far as playing? No. But the database refresh that occurs after you disconnect from the computer will lengthen accordingly as the card fills up with more files.

- Once pluged in I use Windows Explorer to copy MP3's to Clip+. Will the microSD card still work like copying to Internal Memory?

Yup. Just remember, if using MSC mode there will be 2 distinct and separately labeled drives, like F: & G:. The 1st will be the Clip+; the 2nd will be the card slot. This occurs whether there's a card inserted or not.

Cheers

Are you sure about the 32 GB card?

check the link below. it says expandable up to a max of 16 GB.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a\_id/4986

I have a 32gb micro sd in my clip+, it works.

thinkpad77 wrote:

Are you sure about the 32 GB card?

check the link below. it says expandable up to a max of 16 GB.

Support | Western Digital

It’s possible that, at that time, 32GB cards were not yet available–they are relatively new.

Others have reproted success with 32GB cards as well.

thanks !

well, great to know this small thing can take additional 32 GB…that is like 40 GB of songs…wow !!!

@summerlove wrote:

Where did you find a 32gb micro SDHC card?  I’ve never found one over 16 gigs.

@jtown wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

Where did you find a 32gb micro SDHC card?  I’ve never found one over 16 gigs.

Mine came from Amazon, but I’m in the UK so I’m not sure if every Amazon site sells them.  Sandisk sell them directly from their store if not.  The prices are kinda steep though.  I just really wanted one :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I own a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 2 GB MP3 Player (Black) and I’m curious if a 64GB microSD card will work with it. Has anyone tried this? 

Thank you.

That link clearly says 32 GB in first couple of lines!  I have trouble filling an 8gb card, you guys must have a lot of music!!

@dave61430 wrote:

That link clearly says 32 GB in first couple of lines!  I have trouble filling an 8gb card, you guys must have a lot of music!!

You could say that…:wink:

From my Mediamonkey screen, the status of my library (the lossy files) 

Some people have reported that a 64GB microSDXC will work in the Clip+ if the card is formatted as FAR32. I haven’t tried it myself. Keep in mind though that the player has a song limit of around 8,000 songs unless you are using Rockbox.

Just to be absolutly sure what we need is a Class 4 SDHC card like this http://tinyurl.com/cd7cczr

@dave61430 wrote:

While you may not think music can fill a 32GB card, audiobooks ripped from audiobook CD’s can ■■■■ up a lot of space. I’m currently ripping audiobooks at 64k to MP3 to help cut down on the file size. Ripped a 22 disc audiobook recently and it’s over 700MB’s. Ripped Atlas Shrugged (45 disc’s - 635 files) last week and its 1.5GB in size. Currently have about 20GB’s of audiobooks on a 32GB class 4 Sandisk microSD card.

For audiobooks and podcasts without music, I suggest using 32kbps mono for the mp3 files. At 32kbps wma files sound a bit better than mp3 ones, however battery life is much less for wma files than for mp3 files on Sandisk players, so I suggest using mp3 files. Even 16kbps mp3 files are usable, although the sound is much worse using 16kbps instead of 32kbps, while for spoken word files there is very little difference in sound quality between 64kbps and 32kbps mono.

I  just purchased a 8 GB micro SD card.  Can somene point me to direcions on how to use this in the clip?  Do you just load the music on the card and play from the card instead of the internmal memory?

You could load the card first before putting it in the player, or you could load it while the card is in the player. Us If you plan to load the card while it is in the player, I suggest that you make sure the usb mode mode of the player is set to MSC. The card will appear as a separate drive when you connect the player to your pc.

And for playing purposes, the Clip+ integrates the card’s contents into the player’s database listings (the Artist, Album, Title, and Genre listings).  However, if you navigate by Folders (under the Music listing, at the bottom), the card’s contents show up separately–just like on your computer.  

How do I set the USB mode? When I connect my microSDHC card, the player freezes up and none of the controls work. But then fine when I remove the card.