Sansa Clip + isn't recognized when I plug into my laptop.

Had my clip + 8GB for about two weeks and now it isn’t recognized when I plg into my laptop. I have download 2 audiobooks and all was working until today when it stopped. I assumed the battery was dead and when I plugged it in NOTHING. What can I do to bring it back to life?

Have tried various cables but none work.

Sounds like you got a bad unit. Call 1-866-SANDISK or whatever the number is in your country and get it replaced. Call, don’t email.

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

You can try charging it from a USB wall charger if  you have one.

And if you can get it to turn on you can change USB Mode to MSC (least complicated connection) in Settings/System Settings/USB Mode.

But even if that works, you never know if you’re going to have trouble again, so I’d suggest exchanging it under the warranty.

B-R,

Thanks for the prompt reply and suggestions. After posting I was banging around the forum and something clicked that I should try to reset. Pushed and held off/on button for 30 seconds released and then pushed the on button and it came back to life. Plugged in to laptop and all is well for now.

Thanks again

@canguy wrote:

something clicked that I should try to reset. Pushed and held off/on button for 30 seconds released and then pushed the on button and it came back to life. Plugged in to laptop and all is well for now.

That’s what I was going to suggest. Glad you found it on your own, and everything is back to normal now. Use the reset procedure as your first “go-to” fix anytime something doesn’t act right with the player. :wink: