Sansa Clip + Stuck on "Connected" screen.

Hello everyone.
Last night when i was charging my sansa player i disconnected it but my Sansa still had a “Connected” on screen. I was a little bit confused so i connected it again and unpluged and nothing happend, still “Connected”. Hard reset doesnt work and i really dont know what to do. Is there any fix for that? Restarting or something? Thanks for help.

Hold the power button until it shuts down and resets. Might take up to a minute or more. If for some reason it remains stubborn and stays on, there’s not much you can do but leave it until the battery runs out and then plug it in to charge again.

It might be advisable to “Safely Remove Hardware” in your system tray before unplugging it iin the future.

Holding the power button did nothing, and the battery runs out so slowly that after 24 hours it still maximum charged. Is there anyway to like stress the battery? I have to note that my screen is kinda broken so it doesnt light up.

@mickeywickey wrote:

I have to note that my screen is kinda broken so it doesnt light up.

So how do you know it says “Connected”? :confounded:

Without getting the screen to light up and.or turning the volume up (if it’s playing), there’s no way to accelerate the rate of battery discharge. You may have to leave it alone for a few days.

I know it because when i’m aiming a powerful flashlight on this screen i can see like almost half of a screen and i can see a computer icon and a half of a word “Connected” ^^ I was thinkink about cutting some of battery caple and then resolder it but i think it’s too risky to that kind of things so i will just wait that couple of days. I hope everything gonna be fine.

@mickeywickey wrote:

I know it because when i’m aiming a powerful flashlight on this screen i can see like almost half of a screen and i can see a computer icon and a half of a word “Connected” ^^ I _ was thinkink about cutting some of battery caple and then resolder it but i think it’s too risky to that kind of things _ so i will just wait that couple of days. I hope everything gonna be fine.

Plus the battery will never run down if you do that, so just be patient. :wink:

I was wondering if anyone had fixed this problem, im having the same issue here.the screen will not light up but if i look at the screen at a certain angle i can see it says connected. i have tried to restart the sansa clip many many times, holding the power button from 20sec up tp a min. i have also tried letting the power drain and updating the firmware, nothing seems to help.

Sounds like it’s pretty much RIP.

The connector port might be broken  (so it still thinks it’s connected), or trying to read it with the flashlight may just be showing you Connected through some trick of the light.  Did it seem to be updating when you sent over the new firmware and disconnected? After the update you should be back to the intial settings screens.

And even if you can get it out of Connected, either the screen connector inside is broken, the backlight has burned out, or both. Not repairable.  It may just be time to say goodbye.

You can get a refurbished replacement through Amazon for under $30, and Amazon sellers aren’t usually shady. I have a couple of refurbs that work fine. 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=sansa%20clip%20refurbished