Sansa Clip Plus Wont Charge, or turn on

My Sansa Clip Plus Wouldnt turn on yesterday, so i held the power button and it turned on, but For a few seconds, Then it said low battery, And then it shut off.  So i plugged it into my computer, But the battery was fully charged, and the screen would only be on for like a few seconds, no autoplay would pop up on my computer or nothing, it couldnt even be found, so when i tried to turn it back on again, It Said the same thing, Low battery and then Shut off. I love this Mp3 Player so Much D:

Try charging the player with a usb cell phone charger.

I just Tried that, it stopped after a few  seconds and the screen went blank again

The screen is supposed to be off when charging with an AC usb charger.

It will only turn on when i put it in my Computer,  but when i take it out it still wont turn on, But when its on in the laptop, the Batttery Is Full on the top, it wshould be charging And the Battery Should be refilling or something ://

It sounds like the battery is probably worn out, but charging it with the AC adapter might help. How long have you had the player? How much have you used it?

6 Months, All the Time

If you bought the player new, and not refurbished, contact Sandisk Tech Support for a warranty replacement.

http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

If the player won’t turn on at all when not connected to your computer or AC supply but will turn on when connected to a power supply, a lead to the battery could have become undone.  But again, if the player still is under warranty (1 year U.S., 2 years EU), time for a warranty call to SanDisk.

My Clip + just DIED!  I thought it was just in need of a charge but when I hooked it up to the computer, it was not recognized and it did not do it’s usually steps (light up and indicate charging).   what next?   I tried 3 different ports and 2 differnt computers – STILL DEAD!

Did you try a reset (hold the on button down for 20-30 seconds or more)? Otherwise, you might try leaving it plugged into AC wall power for a couple of days–that can trickle charge the player (even though the player remains off) and allow it to start again.

Maggie, if you can turn the player on, then go to settings, and change the USB mode to MSC, then try connecting again. If it can’t turn on, then try connecting it while holding down the center button.

I had the SAME thing happen to my unit until finally, I did the old standby – I tapped it gently on the table, and voilà, it started up again.  Go figure.  (not a techie, so I don’t know what actually happened).

This may sound ridiculous, but I actually bought TWO Sansa Clips, and I put ALL of my data on the tiny external drive because I was always afraid that this thing would die, and I would lose all my data (hundreds of songs, tons of audio books, podcasts for work, etc.).  So when Unit #1 died, all I did was take out the microSD and insert it into my “backup” unit.  

@jadams1848 wrote:

This may sound ridiculous, but I actually bought TWO Sansa Clips, and I put ALL of my data on the tiny external drive because I was always afraid that this thing would die, and I would lose all my data (hundreds of songs, tons of audio books, podcasts for work, etc.).  So when Unit #1 died, all I did was take out the microSD and insert it into my “backup” unit.  

Not necessarily ridulous, but a terrible waste of memory. Why don’t you back up whatever you put on the player somewhere else in case of total player failure (which by the way, is extremely rare)? :confounded:

Thanks for the input.  I suppose if I lose the Unit AND the MicroSD (on which everything is stored); I would indeed be in a world of hurt.  However, I do not see how having everything on the microSD (which can be moved from Unit to Unit) is “a terrible waste of memory”, unless you mean I am not taking full advantage of the Sansa Clip Unit’s internal memory.  Nevertheless, your comment got me to thinking, and I should perhaps backup everything on my laptop, lest I risk losing everything were I to lose the MicroSD per se.  Thanks again.

my sansa mp3 player wont charge. can you help?

Thanks.

Rick

@baxtric wrote:

my sansa mp3 player wont charge. can you help?

Thanks.

Rick

Not without more information from you, no.

Is it a Clip (original), Clip+, or Clip Zip?

Is it new or old?

Was it bought as new or refurb?

Are you using the origianal cable provided with the player?

Are you using a PC or Mac?

What USB mode are you using, MTP or MSC?

Is it completely dead when not connected to the computer?

Does it connect to the computer?

Did this just start occurring?

Did you try resetting it?

You know, basic stuff like that.

You might try recharging the player using a different USB cable–a cable can go bad. Also, make sure that the USB port on your computer is powered–some power off when the computer is off. (And computer back USB ports sometimes will be more powerful than those up front–try a back USB port, if possible.) In that vein, have you tried recharging using AC power and a USB/AC adapter? Finally, will your player work when plugged into your computer or the AC? If so, there could be a disconnected wire going to the battery, a problem the original Clip sometimes had. (If you’re electronics-inclined, it’s fixable; if not and the player still is under warranty, SanDisk will replace the player.)