Sansa Clip+ Freezing

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Sansa Clip+ (8GB) from Amazon, along with a 16GB Micro SDHC card.  The firmware version of the Clip+ is v01.02.15A, and I’m using Windows 7.

Anyway, the device has been freezing when moving from song to song, and sometimes even powers off.  After the device powers off, it is unresponsive for about 10 seconds, until it turns back on with the next song playing.  There have also been times where I needed to soft reset. 

I have deleted all the music off my device.  After looking at some similar threads, I have a few questions:

1.  How do I check for corrupted files?  I doubt the files are corrupted, because they ran fine on my previous iPod. 

2.  How do I resintall firmware?  This seemed to work for one person, but I’m not sure how to “reinstall firmware”. 

3.  Any other possible solutions?

Thanks for your help :).  Please let me know if you need any more information.  I’m happy with the device, but this freezing becomes problematic when I’m at the gym and it freezes. 

Do a firmware update (literally just install the latest firmware), then format the player.  If it still doesn’t work right, I’d return it.  

Thanks for your response :slight_smile: When I run the updater, there is no option to re-install the firmware.  Do I just do this manually? 

I’ve never used the firmware updater.  I don’t know how it works but I probably wouldn’t bother with it.  

@newmp3 wrote:

Thanks for your response :slight_smile: When I run the updater, there is no option to re-install the firmware.  Do I just do this manually? 

The Updater only does what its name suggests . . . updates. It will not give you an option to ‘re-install’. For that, follow the simple steps in the Firmware Update post.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.