Sansa Clip Firmware Update

@14124all wrote:

Actually, I find this whole issue very amusing. I’m having a blast with it!

Yea, it is rather amusing.  I haven’t participated much here in the last several months, and this useless debate is still going on.  I love all the “engineers” with “perfect ears” that insist a sub-$100 device should have the same technical quality as audio gear costing thousands of times more.  But hey, let them do their “scientific” tests which, while interesting to a small degree, serve no purpose but to prove their total lack of a meaningful life.  I don’t recall Sandisk ever guaranteeing the accuracy of the speed/pitch of anything, much less every possible combination of ripping conditions.  Let them sue, though, and line the pockets of more attorneys and clog up the legal system with yet another frivilous lawsuit.  Oh, but right, it’s the principle of the whole thing, isn’t it?  Amazing.

As for me, I got over the “wow” factor of any Sansa player long ago, and moved on to other brands.  I only came back recently to find out if there’s updated Fuze firmware so I can sell it off.  If they make a 16GB Clip+, I may look into it, but I won’t cry if they don’t.  And I certainly won’t sue if it plays .01% too slow.