Re: Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.18

Well... I uploaded the tracks that caused my sansa to froze. As you can see I'm a big film music fan hehe...

hope someone find it useful..

http://www.mediafire.com/?7222zaab84ajy5a

[ Edited ]

Maybe It's just me but after manually installing this firmware the transfer rate became very slow, more than 10 times slower than before: around 150-200KB/s (memory mass mode)

I have followed the instructions, but when I remove the Clip+ from the computer, the update does not start.

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Greg_Brown wrote:

I have followed the instructions, but when I remove the Clip+ from the computer, the update does not start.

Did you make sure to "extract" the downloaded .zip file? The file after extraction should have a .bin extenision. This is what you drop in the root directory on the player.

After unplugging from your computer, the unit might shut off. When you press the power button again to restart it, it will perform the f/w update.

4ze

[ Edited ]
hi, i recently tried using Rockbox but didnt like it so i tried switching back to the original firmware. i downloaded the latest version, formatted my player and tried installing it manually following the instructions. when i disconnect however it is saying file not found and plug usb cable. when i connect the player it the says Bootloader USB mode. can anyone help please? EDITED to say i did extract the file and it does read.bin
SanDisk Guru

Some remnants of Rockbox are still there. Did you use the Rockbox Utility to un-install RB, or manually delete the .rockbox folder? How exactly did you format the player? That should have deleted it (and all your music as well), Are you sure you're using the correct firmware for your player?

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

So do I really need to remove rockbox and all files on player in order to update Original Firmware? (mine is still 01.02.16A.)

I ask because I don't see a root directory...I just dropped it directly into the device.

Sansa Clip+ 8GB + 8GB microSD formatted by phone/4GB microSD Card|Sony PSP 32GB microSD in a Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter|Samsung SGH-T839 (Sidekick - Tmobile)|Samsung Gravity T (Father is now using it)|(headphone jack not working right) 4GB Sansa Clip+

Hi, I've just updated my Sansa Clip + firmware from 1.01.16 (I think) to 1.02.18 and the 'Volume' choice for Normal or High setting under the System Settings had disappeared. The volume output now appears to have defaulted to the normal level which isn't sufficient for my general use. I had mine set to High previously but now have no ability to change it. Why is this? Can I restore this setting/feature?

Owen 

SanDisk Guru

elliso wrote:

Hi, I've just updated my Sansa Clip + firmware from 1.01.16 (I think) to 1.02.18 and the 'Volume' choice for Normal or High setting under the System Settings had disappeared. The volume output now appears to have defaulted to the normal level which isn't sufficient for my general use. I had mine set to High previously but now have no ability to change it. Why is this? Can I restore this setting/feature?

Owen 

When you update the firmware, the player will ask you to select your Region. If you chose Europe, there is a gov't. mandated volume restriction imposed. To get around it, use the option Reset Factory Settings. It will ask you for your Region again. This time choose North America or Rest Of World. Your High volume setting will then be back. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

Common hanging/restarting while replaying mp3s. Definitely not recommended upgrade for me...

It's not tag problem, as my files are not tagged, and previous firmware (16) was not hanging on them.