Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
sheldonisaac

Re: Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.15

> Enhancements:  French language translation updates

> Bugs Fixed:

> Next Song with long string disappears instead of scrolling once device is activated with Rhapsody

> French language translation updates

Hi, may I please get advice on whether to update my Clip+ from firmware 01.02.13 ?

The above-quoted enhancements and bugs fixed don't offhand seem relevant to my use of the Clip+.

Should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks,

Sheldon

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

My personal beliefs?

Don't fix it if it ain't broke! If nothing in the update affects your usage or enjoyment of the device, leave well enough alone.

Maybe there will be something in the next update that enhances the way you use your player or fixes a bug that has bothered you. Until then . . .

Just Rock On, Dude!

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

I'm one of those types who typically updates with new releases, finding that releases from well-established companies like SanDisk at the very least don't hurt, and often contain bugfixes not even mentioned. 

yopy_yogie

Apparently High Volume setting is missing ...

Can i go back to earlier firmware ?

Regards

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

The setting is there--you've just updated using a region (EU?) that bans it.

Reapply the latest firmware and choose a hi-volume-setting region (N America; Rest of World).  (I forget if this also works, but you may be able to do the same by selecting  "Reset all" under the Clip.)

yopy_yogie

how to go back to earlier firmware before update?

Regards

SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

yopy_yogie wrote:

how to go back to earlier firmware before update?

Regards

You don't have to!

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

diddyxxx

what a nightmere. after downloading the new firmware i only have 50% the volume. sandisk say its a new euro law!!!.

dose anyone know how i can get back to full volume.  please please help xx:robotmad:

SanDisk Guru
mags1230

[ Edited ]

diddyxxx wrote:

what a nightmere. after downloading the new firmware i only have 50% the volume. sandisk say its a new euro law!!!.

dose anyone know how i can get back to full volume.  please please help xx:robotmad:

It is a euro law.  

http://www.dailytech.com/European+Lawmakers+Restrict+Maximum+iPod+MP3+Player+Volume/article16364.htm

For a work-around, read Miikerman's post above or look at the top of the clip/clip+'s board for a thread on high volume.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

yopy_yogie wrote:
Apparently High Volume setting is missing ...

Can i go back to earlier firmware ?

diddyxxx wrote:

dose anyone know how i can get back to full volume.  please please help

This post is 'stickied' (and also shaded a different color) at the top of the front page of this board. I can't believe you two jumped through all the flaming hoops to register and post questions about this and totally missed it:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/No-more-High-setting-in-music-volume/m-p/143082/highlight/tru...