Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.16

I am running Windows 2003 Server and so can not use Firmware Installer.  I downloaded the clipplus01.02.15.zip file and extracted the two files however I can not copy the files to the root directory.  I can copy to the subdirectories but not the root.  Any ideas why?

Windows no longer recognizes Sansa Clip+  –  What to do? 

@codebris wrote:

Windows no longer recognizes Sansa Clip+  –  What to do? 

This really isn’t the topic of this thread; you should have found another more appropriate or started a new one but, have you tried switching to MSC mode on your player?

Was it recognized before? In what USB mode? Have you done anything that could have affected it, like installing updates on your computer or change any settings. Add any new hardware or software? Get a new anti-virus program? Change the USB port you had been using. For that matter have you tried the various ports on your computer?

> Enhancements:  French language translation updates

> Bugs Fixed:

> Next Song with long string disappears instead of scrolling once device is activated with Rhapsody

> French language translation updates

Hi, may I please get advice on whether to update my Clip+ from firmware 01.02.13 ?

The above-quoted enhancements and bugs fixed don’t offhand seem relevant to my use of the Clip+.

Should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks,

Sheldon

My personal beliefs?

Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke! If nothing in the update affects your usage or enjoyment of the device, leave well enough alone.

Maybe they’ll be soomething in the next update that enhances the way you use your player or fixs a bug that has bothered you. Unitl then . . .

Just Rock On, Dude!

My personal beliefs?

Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke! If nothing in the update affects your usage or enjoyment of the device, leave well enough alone.

Maybe there will be something in the next update that enhances the way you use your player or fixes a bug that has bothered you. Until then . . .

Just Rock On, Dude!

I’m one of those types who typically updates with new releases, finding that releases from well-established companies like SanDisk at the very least don’t hurt, and often contain bugfixes not even mentioned. 

Apparently High Volume setting is missing …

Can i go back to earlier firmware ?

Regards

The setting is there–you’ve just updated using a region (EU?) that bans it.

Reapply the latest firmware and choose a hi-volume-setting region (N America; Rest of World).  (I forget if this also works, but you may be able to do the same by selecting  “Reset all” under the Clip.)

how to go back to earlier firmware before update?

Regards

@yopy_yogie wrote:

how to go back to earlier firmware before update?

Regards

You don’t have to!

what a nightmere. after downloading the new firmware i only have 50% the volume. sandisk say its a new euro law!!!.

dose anyone know how i can get back to full volume.  please please help xx:robotmad:

@diddyxxx wrote:

what a nightmere. after downloading the new firmware i only have 50% the volume. sandisk say its a new euro law!!!.

dose anyone know how i can get back to full volume.  please please help xx:robotmad:

It is a euro law.  

http://www.dailytech.com/European+Lawmakers+Restrict+Maximum+iPod+MP3+Player+Volume/article16364.htm

For a work-around, read Miikerman’s post above or look at the top of the clip/clip+'s board for a thread on high volume.

@yopy_yogie wrote:

@diddyxxx wrote:

dose anyone know how i can get back to full volume.  please please help

This post is ‘stickied’ (and also shaded a different color) at the top of the front page of this board. I can’t believe you two jumped through all the flaming hoops to register and post questions about this and totally missed it:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/No-more-High-setting-in-music-volume/m-p/143082/highlight/true#M32400

@yopy_yogie wrote:

@diddyxxx wrote:

dose anyone know how i can get back to full volume.  please please help

This post is ‘stickied’ (and also shaded a different color) at the top of the front page of this board. I can’t believe you two jumped through all the flaming hoops to register and post questions about this and totally missed it:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/No-more-High-setting-in-music-volume/m-p/143082/highlight/tru…

OGG not working!

Just bought a Clip+ and updated to FW 1.02.15, USB en MSC mode, computer is Linux.Tags have been cleaned up by Mp3Tag 2.46a.

I copied *.ogg files and drop the files in the MUSIC folder with the following structure:

\MUSIC\MyCollection\CD1\MySong1.ogg

There are plenty of weird issues. Mostly “Refreshing your media” got stuck and hung up the device. I went to a time consuming process of powering off (press 15+ seconds) then move the *.ogg file around (reduce the number of parent folders, removing all *.ogg except a dozen ones, etc.). At best I could get 20 *.ogg regcognized and all played OK once. On another try, the device displayed the song info but got stuck on pause and refused to play the song.

As soon as I connect/disconnect the device another time (for example to add ONE mp3 file), the “Refreshing your media” kicked in again and the hang up cycle resumes. The only way to fix is to remove all the ogg files. I guess the issue is the parsing of the ogg tags.

In conclusion, ogg support is problematic ! Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve found another issue relating to the ogg files on the Clip+.

It turned out that Equalizer must be disabled (set to Normal) to play ogg files encoded in MONO (single channel) properly.

If equalizer is enabled, the mono ogg sounds awful.

There are no problems while playing stereo ogg files.

I’ve the moust recent firmware version installed  (01.02.15).

I brought a clip+ last week on OCT 15. The firmware is up-to date with the new release.

The Radio is noisy… and the sound is coming in waves… which is very nasty…

could you please fix it through firmware… I tries with other MP3 player s… which works fine…

Are you sure your headphones are plugged in all the way?  The socket can be very tight to begin with and can require an extra push.

Otherwise, it sounds like something is wrong with your player–what you report is not the norm.  You could exchange it for a replacement or contact SanDisk as to the issue.  Unless this is all due to the particular radio station you are listening to–have you tried others?  And have you extended the headphone cord, which acts as the antenna?  Perhaps this is a reception issue.

If you had read this forum before you asked you wouldn’t be asking