Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.16

Hi,

I am a new Sansa Clip+ owner (FW version reported by device is v01.01.05F), and I have a question/concern:

I saw in posts about a previous FW update (01.02.09) that when selecting Europe as a region, the High volume setting is no longer available. Can someone confirm that this is still the case with this new FW?

Also, when compared to older (like my original FW) versions, is there any reduction of the max volume (provided that you are always in High volume setting)?

The reason I am asking is because I had awful experience of low max volume of another device that complies with the European directives, and being sick and tired of it, I don’t want to have the same situation again. With my current FW version, the Normal volume setting is too low for me, and the High setting is just right, so any further reduction of the max volume I can get from the device will simply prompt me to go and buy another one.

The problems the new firmwares fix are not so important to me (even the famous FM 50% volume bug), so if someone confirms my concerns, I will just avoid upgrading.

Thanks in advance!