Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

Hello

After upgrading my Clip+ from 01.02.16A to 01.02.18A through the SansaUpdaterInstall.exe installer, I followed the instructions to upgrade manually to 01.01.35, but it didn’t work: After copying m300a.bin to the root of the device and disconnecting it from the XP host, the device didn’t reboot. Hard-rebooting made not difference: It doesn’t upgrade, and it’s still running 01.02.18A.

Does someone know how to upgrade to 01.01.35? Should I try RockBox instead?

Thank you.

@littlebigman wrote:

Hello

After upgrading my Clip+ from 01.02.16A to 01.02.18A through the SansaUpdaterInstall.exe installer, I followed the instructions to upgrade manually to 01.01.35, but it didn’t work: After copying m300a.bin to the root of the device and disconnecting it from the XP host, the device didn’t reboot. Hard-rebooting made not difference: It doesn’t upgrade, and it’s still running 01.02.18A.

That’s because you’re trying to install firmware for the original Clip (01.01.35) on a Clip +. They are 2 different players and the firmware is not interchangeable.

01.02.18 is the latest for your model, so you’re good to go. :smiley:

I followed the instructions for manual uploading (using a Mac and am computer savvy).

1. Move hold button until hold is showing is not clear - I assume you meant make sure the device is not on hold/locked (although i tried both without success).

2. Press and hold centre button doesnt seem to actually do anything (i tried holding and not holding in combination with on hold and not on hold.

Happily downloaded, unzipped and copied m300a.bin to root of Clip+.  Disconnected and Clip+ only refreshes media.  There is no indication of a reset and firmware revision listed in Info, does not change.

I assume that nothing happened.

Please advise.

I have an old 1G Sansa Clip. The firmware is .01.01.35a. Is there a newer version available? When I use the updater, it just shows

the manual as the only download available.

Please excuse me if this has already been asked a thousand times. I didn’t see it when I searched.

Also, I am new to this forum. This is my first visit.

Thanks in advance.

This is the latest (and last) firmware for this model, although it is over 3 years old at this point.

Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll format it and try again.

Try what again? Formatting will not change the firmware.

Sorry, I have two posts, this one about firmware and the other, which I think you responded to also.

Thanks for responding so quickly Tapeworm!

Didn’t work for me.

Environment: Asus laptop running Windows 7.  Existing Clip+ FW is V01.02.18A.  Verified that the Clip+ was unlocked, DLed the zip file, extracted the m300a.bin file, dragged it to the Clip+ root directory, it was copied to the root, waited 30 seconds, disconnected the clip+, it reverted back to the “SETTINGS” menu area, I waited 60 seconds, nothing happened, powered it off, waited 60 seconds, nothing happened, I manually powered it back on, it refreshed the media and the SETTINGS menu appeared. I looked at the system info and the original V01.02.18A file was still in place. Nothing had changed. I repeated the entire process three times. No results. FW was not updated.

What would you suggest next?

@rick1 wrote:

Didn’t work for me.

_ DLed the zip file, extracted the m300a.bin file _, dragged it to the Clip+ root directory, it was copied to the root, waited 30 seconds, disconnected the clip+,

What would you suggest next?

Downloading and installing the correct firmware for the player. If you’re looking for the latest firmware version for the Clip+, it can be found here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-18/td-p/280756

You are trying to install the firmwware for the ‘original’ Clip, not the Plus model, so naturally it will not work. But having said that, the latest Clip+ firmware is 01.02.18 which you already have on your player, so there is nothing to update to.

TYVM for your reply.  My bad. I decided to flash it because while i was on an elliptical Cybex machine the volume spontaneously went to zero for no apparent reason. Plug was firmly in the jack. The Cybex is non-impact and the Clip was in my front shirt pocket so there was no external contact.  I forwarded to another file and the no-sound continued. Kept forwarding a few more times - also no sound. Battery was 90+%. Removed the headphones and put the whole thing on the exerciser tray. Continued with the Cybex, finished, listened for sound again and the sound was back. I examined the several files that produced no volume and they were fine. If I hadn’t experienced it I probably wouldn’t believe my own narrative. I figured the “bios” had become corrupted somehow. If it happens again I’ll find the correct file, thanks to you, and reinstall the FW.

Thanks again.

I just bought an SDMX24 Clip Sport.  I’ve loaded it up, both the internal and a SanDisk micro SD card.  Everytime I turn it on, it says there is a disk error after it tries to refresh the media (everytime I turn it on it refreshes). 

I tried to download this firmware fixer…and when I run it.  nothing happens.

That’s because the Clip Sport is a new model and no firmware update has been released yet for it. This one won’t work.

Try removing the SD card and see if it will initialize then. If it does, shut it off and re-insert the card and try again.

What about the latest update of the drivers?

The Clip players mount as normal USB storage devices and so do not require drivers.

@marvin_martian wrote:

gwk1967 wrote:
I’m a bit disappointed in the lack of new features, but at least maybe this will silence the “Sandisk has abandoned us!” complaints.

Good point…I’d bet most people had given up on any more updates. I’ll admit, I was skeptical too…I always hoped they wouldn’t “View” the Clip, but it’s nice to see they haven’t.:smiley:

I’m a bit disappointed in the lack of new features, but at least maybe this will silence the “Sandisk has abandoned us!” complaints.

@britany wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

gwk1967 wrote:
I’m a bit disappointed in the lack of new features, but at least maybe this will silence the “Sandisk has abandoned us!” complaints.  [emi calculator gst login](emi calculator gst login )

Good point…I’d bet most people had given up on any more updates. I’ll admit, I was skeptical too…I always hoped they wouldn’t “View” the Clip, but it’s nice to see they haven’t.:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

gwk1967 wrote:

Good point…I’d bet most people had given up on any   emi calculator gst login ifsc code   more updates. I’ll admit, I was skeptical too…I always hoped they wouldn’t “View” the Clip, but it’s nice to see they haven’t.:smiley:

Good point…I’d bet most people had given up on any more updates. I’ll admit, I was skeptical too…I always hoped they wouldn’t “View” the Clip, but it’s nice to see they haven’t.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

http://raboninco.com/MU3D