Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

I’m not sure I understand the problem shown in the video–is it that when you shut off your player, the word “Sansa” appears on the screen rather than the word “Goodbye”?  But the player still shuts off, right?

If that’s the case, it may be a region issue:  based on what I’ve seen posted here in the forum, if you set your Clip’s region to North America, you get a “Goodbye” screen when you shut your Clip off (the situation I have); if your region is set to Rest of World, you get a “Sansa” screen when you shut down.  The reason the word “Sansa” appears may just be a language decision issue on SanDisk’s part:  what language woould you say good-bye in for the entire world and its many peoples and languages?  Using the word “Sansa” eliminates that issue (although, I guess, it can cause some confusion, if you think the player is starting up again).

As to the Sansa Updater/Internet connection issue, I have no idea, apart from the fact that the Updater can be buggy.  Me, I don’t use it (and I don’t like its always being on in one’s computer, using resources)–I just manually upgrade if I need to upgrade, an easy process.

I hope this helps.