Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

Pretty much what I was going to say – no new features, fixes to stuff that I’ve never seen an issue with, but happy/surprised that a new firmware came out for the classic Clip.   Thank you, Sansa!

@gwk1967 wrote:
I’m a bit disappointed in the lack of new features, but at least maybe this will silence the “Sandisk has abandoned us!” complaints.

Do not update your clip with this firmware if you wish to use it with your car hi fi system.

Sansa have sneakily enforced the dumb regulation from Brussells to reduce the volume.

When driving, it is almost impossible to hear music over the road noise.

I would never have updated my clip if Sansa had advised that this was going to happen.

davidb wrote:

Do not update your clip with this firmware if you wish to use it with your car hi fi system.

Sansa have sneakily enforced the dumb regulation from Brussells to reduce the volume.

I would never have updated my clip if Sansa had advised that this was going to happen.

If you’d taken the time to read a little bit here, you would know how to fix that low volume problem:wink:

davidb wrote:

Funny, the shaded (sticky) thread directly below this one you posted in has the answer to your problem. In fact, it is titled

Smiley

davidb wrote:

Smiley

Funny, the shaded (sticky) thread directly below this one you posted in has the answer to your problem. In fact, it is titled

Low volume after upgrading firmware

Don’t know how much plainer, simpler or easier to find the Admin could have made it. Maybe if he used flashing N E O N lights in the Subject title?

This thread should be sticky, it points to the last firmware.

The current sticky thread points to the previous release (0x.01.32)

Hi!

Can you add to Sansa Clip in the future - headphones (left/right) balance control? :wink:

Thanks!

@kingkong wrote:

Hi!

Can you add to Sansa Clip in the future - headphones (left/right) balance control? :wink:

Thanks!

Kinda doubt it, since it’s discontinued and there probably won’t be any further firmware updates.

Maybe with the Clip+, it would be possible but it would be up to SanDisk whether A.) it _ can _ be done, and B.) they want to do it.

Ok. Thank you!

My software gone bad… It is still playing songs but some features have gone bad. Autoplay was one of it. My current version is 02.01.32p

I tried to update it but I couldn’t. I followed the instructions given over there but I doubt on my procedure. Somebody help me. I am using windows 7.

You might want to try it again, step-by-step; install the Sansa Firmware Updater (http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/User-guides-Firmware-Software/The-Latest-Sansa-Firmware-Updater-Version-1-212/td-p/65028); or contact SanDisk for some walkthrough assistance.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

You might want to:

–  try it again, step-by-step

–  install the Sansa Firmware Updater:  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/User-guides-Firmware-Software/The-Latest-Sansa-Firmware-Updater-Version-1-212/td-p/65028

–  or contact SanDisk for some walkthrough assistance.  In the U.S.: 1-866-SANDISK (726-3475). And other SanDisk contact information: http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

Thanks for the response… Let me show you my problem in a video. Just watch it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZTRi2UWhmo

And regarding the autoplay http://picasaweb.google.com/pradeepkumar.phoenix/UntitledAlbum02#

When I tried to run the sansa updater it is saying that 'there is no internet connection… ’ thought my system is connected to net… I hope I have explained my problem clearly.

I’m not sure I understand the problem shown in the video–is it that when you shut off your player, the word “Sansa” appears on the screen rather than the word “Goodbye”?  But the player still shuts off, right?

If that’s the case, it may be a region issue:  based on what I’ve seen posted here in the forum, if you set your Clip’s region to North America, you get a “Goodbye” screen when you shut your Clip off (the situation I have); if your region is set to Rest of World, you get a “Sansa” screen when you shut down.  The reason the word “Sansa” appears may just be a language decision issue on SanDisk’s part:  what language woould you say good-bye in for the entire world and its many peoples and languages?  Using the word “Sansa” eliminates that issue (although, I guess, it can cause some confusion, if you think the player is starting up again).

As to the Sansa Updater/Internet connection issue, I have no idea, apart from the fact that the Updater can be buggy.  Me, I don’t use it (and I don’t like its always being on in one’s computer, using resources)–I just manually upgrade if I need to upgrade, an easy process.

I hope this helps.

@jazzlykdat wrote:

When I tried to run the sansa updater it is saying that 'there is no internet connection… ’ thought my system is connected to net… I hope I have explained my problem clearly.

You probably have to adjust your Firewall settings. Your computer is trying to protect you from the “Evil” Updater. :smileyvery-happy:

Am having trouble (re)charging my new sansa clip. Have unsuccessfully tried to download whatever enabling updates may be necessary but can’t even complete version 01.01.30.

I cannot see/find  main menu.

@frannys wrote:

Am having trouble (re)charging my new sansa clip. Have unsuccessfully tried to download whatever enabling updates may be necessary but can’t even complete version 01.01.30.

I cannot see/find  main menu.

Do you maybe have a v2 model and you’re attempting to put v2 firmware on it?

Download the firmware and follow the instructions (exactly) in the 1st post of this thread. You shouldn’t have any problems.

But then, updating the firmware is not going to solve a re-charging problem so maybe your troubles go deeper. Probably best to start a new thread about your particular issue.

I would telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

I know this has been said here and in a lots of other forums, but I have to say it too.

It’s just unacceptable that Sansa Clip doesn’t allow folder browsing.

It’s not just about having your music correctly tagged. I have it correctly tagged. But sometimes one could just want to make a quick compilation of, say, music for running or music for doing some other activity.

Needles to mention that our parents and grandparents hardly know what ID3 tagging is.

I’m using playlists now but I (as many others according to what one can read on forums) would like an upgrade with that feature.

Of course, the Clip+ has folder navigation as an option.  Once the Clip+ came out, however, SanDisk pretty much gave up on firmware updates for the original Clip (even though the original still avidly is being sold), despite many please that folder navigation be ported over to the original Clip.