Sansa Clip Firmware 01.01.35 & 02.01.35 Release

you need to go to the setting menu to reset to factory defaults 

I’d like to see ReplayGain on the v1’s, any chance there will be another update?

Didn’t people say here in the forums that the last firmware revision (last month) added Replaygain (and even though SanDisk hadn’t said anything about that)?

Miikerman wrote:
Didn’t people say here in the forums that the last firmware revision (last month) added Replaygain (and even though SanDisk hadn’t said anything about that)?

It seems to have been only on the V2 models.

@miikerman wrote:

My 8GB Clip (and I think the 8GB models were only v2 flavor) does indeed now have ReplayGain with the new firmware.  I can’t comment if v1 hardware does but I’ll take Marvin’s word that only v2 hardware does.

tnmats wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

My 8GB Clip (and I think the 8GB models were only v2 flavor) does indeed now have ReplayGain with the new firmware.  I can’t comment if v1 hardware does but I’ll take Marvin’s word that only v2 hardware does.

I wasn’t able to check for myself on the V1 hardware…that’s what people said over at ABI. I did see for myself the RG on my old V2 that I updated for its new owner.

Of course, it seems like everybody with a V1 has gone the Rockbox route anyways, so it probably doesn’t matter to them.

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Of course, it seems like everybody with a V1 has gone the Rockbox route anyways, so it probably doesn’t matter to them.

Am still holding out, for a finished and stable Rockbox build …

Miikerman wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Am still holding out, for a finished and stable Rockbox build …

I don’t have an original Clip anymore, so it is irrelevant either way.:smiley:

So Replaygain options have been found in the ClipV2 version… but has anyone checked whether the stuff actually works? It doesn’t for me, at least. MP3s with ID3v1 + ID3v2.3 (UTF-16) here. I have tried adding the extra field that MediaMonkey writes, no change. The only thing that makes any difference is the pre gain setting.

keyb_gr wrote:
So Replaygain options have been found in the ClipV2 version… but has anyone checked whether the stuff actually works? It doesn’t for me, at least. MP3s with ID3v1 + ID3v2.3 (UTF-16) here. I have tried adding the extra field that MediaMonkey writes, no change. The only thing that makes any difference is the pre gain setting.

I haven’t found that the pregain setting makes a difference, either on this, or my Clip+…what RG does for me…

I analyzed my library’s track volume, not album volume. This way, when I listen on shuffle all mode, the volume is roughly equivalent with each song that comes up. 

I have not seen it but may have missed it - I have a 8Gb clip plus purchased late 2009 and was wondering what the latest firmware was for that.

Thanks,

Rich

@lecturerrich wrote:

I have not seen it but may have missed it - I have a 8Gb clip plus purchased late 2009 and was wondering what the latest firmware was for that.

Thanks,

Rich

The latest firmwares for all Clips (v1 or v2), regardless of capacity, are the ones in this topic.

NOTE: The newer Clip+ with additional features (most notably a microSD expansion slot), has its own firmware which can be found on the Clip+ board.

For getting back the volume gain, there are a very simple steps to do:

1. Settings -> Reset All -> Yes

2. Choose Language

3. Choose North America

To correct the FM frequency step for European users:

1. Settings -> FM Settings -> FM Region  -  Change from USA to WORLD.

Thats it. Enjoy Your Sansa.

Firmware for V2 isn’t working for me. 

When I unzip the archive, I get a message that says, “inflating: m30pa.bin                bad CRC fbf19c9c  (should be f7c4e4eb)”

When I disconnect the clip, it says it’s upgrading the firmware, then when I turn it back on it’s still at version 02.01.32.

I redownloaded the file in case it got corrupted, but same results with that one.  Anyone know what the problem might be? 

Message Edited by starcycle on 05-31-2010 10:15 AM

starcycle wrote:

Firmware for V2 isn’t working for me. 

When I unzip the archive, I get a message that says, “inflating: m30pa.bin                bad CRC fbf19c9c  (should be f7c4e4eb)”

I just tried it. It worked fine for me.

>> edit: I don’t know what’s different, but it worked this time.  My finger might have slipped off the center button when I was mounting or plugging in the drive the first time. v02.01.35 successfully installed now, thanks. 

Okay, that’s good to know. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to help on my computer. I just updated a v1 clip using the same computer and that worked perfectly. Does V2 have to be unzipped on windoze or anything to do with windoze? 

Message Edited by starcycle on 05-31-2010 10:41 AM

Message Edited by starcycle on 05-31-2010 10:43 AM

I have just finished updating the firmware, but can’t see replay gain. Should it be under the Settings menu?

edit: I have found it. Thanks for the new firmware SanDisk

Message Edited by csp on 06-01-2010 03:49 PM

I’ve got a v2 and, no doubt about it, ReplayGain does not work. I’ve tried using WMA files and MP3 files, and it’s definitely just ignoring the ReplayGain tags. The pre-gain setting does seem to make every song louder, but it’s not actually doing any leveling.

I have noticed that when I copy a WMA (without DRM) file into my v1 clip, the file does not show up on the clip. This happens ONLY in MTP mode and with WMA. When I use switch to MSC to transfer the same or other WMA files, they show up fine. Other formats (OGG and MP3) transfer fine in both modes. I’m not sure if this problem began in this firmware or is a known problem from before. Are you guys experiencing the same thing or is it just me?

Hi. I have a problem with release 02.01.35 in SANSA CLIP 2G.  I have uploaded it via UPDATER from 02.01.32, that was delivered in shop.  The soud level dropped tragically. Then I listening outside I can here nothing, this level is good only for silent room. In menu I can’t find any more sound level settings as Normal and High.  Please advise to rise sound level or how to install earlier release.