Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
steve_911

Sansa Clip Dead Dead

Though I have seen other threads where the Clip works when plugged into a computer, my Clip 2GB is dead dead.  It went dead when I was running last night and I assumed the battery had died.  Hooking it up to a PC that it has been connected to before to charge it did nothing.  The PC did not even recognize it.  Nothing appeared on the Clip screen either.  I have tried the all of the resets suggested on other threads (10, 15 & 20 power switch hold with and without pressing the volume control).  I updated the firmware about two months ago and it had been working fine.  I may have had it a little less than a year, but am not sure.  I don't see any kind of serial number on it so would I have to have an original receipt to get the warranty repair??? If not under warranty, any suggestions short of a dumpster???

Thanks in advance for the collective wisdom...

Babski

Re: Sansa Clip Dead Dead

I have had the EXACT same problem. I've tried all the fixes and no luck. And no answer?
SanDisk Guru
Conversionbox

Try a wall charger, that may bring it back to life, it is possible that you ran the battery down too low and that it cannot generate the power needed to connect to the computer. Also try the soft reset again make sure you hold it all the way up for 20 seconds.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

steve_911

Tried both...Thanks for the ideas and I welcome more.
Radau

Had the same problem once. Tried nearly everything, nothing happened. Tried to recharge it with the computer but the clip showed no sign, then tried again with a bought charger (the thing you plug in the wall socket)... seemed that nothing happened as well. But then I could switch it on again. I also think that it might have been to empty. Perhaps just try to plug it in two or three times, altough it doesn´t seem to work. Hope it helps!
Kziesemer

I have the exact same problem.  Sansa Clip less than 6 months old.  Has always worked fine.  Battery was (very) low this morning.  Connected to PC to charge.  Disconnected 6 hours later... and NOTHING.  Can't get it to turn on.  My PC doesn't recognize it.  I sent a letter to tech support and am awaiting a reply.  Have any of you resolved this problem?
Kziesemer

I decided to try to reset mine again.  Within 5 seconds of holding the on button up, the power came on again!  Somehow I managed to lose the book I just downloaded and am getting error messages, but the Sansa Clip appears to be charged and working...  Pure luck, I think.  Hopefully, it will continue to do so.  I'll make sure I don't let the battery get too low next time!  Thanks to those on this page that let me know I'm not alone with this issue.
SanDisk Guru
Conversionbox

The thing to remember is that the batteries in the fuze and the clip like to be charged more often than not. So top it off instead of draining it out.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Jobie

I have this exact same problem! My battery was not low though. It was about 3/4 charged. I wish someone from tech support would answer my e-mail.
jwwright1949

My clip 1gig died after a couple of months.  I use it while jogging and it gets very wet.  Another thread suggested that these clips do not like moisture so I attempted to dry it out by laying it on top of my cable modem which gets very warm.  Voila!  It started coming back to life slowly.  First, the blue ring illuminated but not the screen.  When the PC recognized it, I reinstalled firmware 1.29a several times after erratic behavior like refusing to turn off (turn off and it would come back on by itself).  Long story short, it works fine now.  Oh, I now place my clip in a ziplock while running.  Maybe this will help someone else.  Lord knows you folks who share on boards like this have saved my bacon many times.