Sansa Clip Dead Dead

@catbookmom wrote:

Hi, All!  A month or so ago I  bought a Sansa Clip 2GB at Woot, based on a recommendation from another forum, and I love it.  Yesterday I added an audiobook, listened to another for a while, and when I stopped, noticed that the battery power was about half gone.  So I plugged the Clip back into the desktop PC (port in the back, no problems with other devices), and, as mentioned, was working earlier in the day.  When I came back, there was no visible change in the battery level, and it was ready for me to push Pause to continue with my book.  So last night I used the little cord to plug it into the wall, using my iPod charger block.  No difference in battery level again this morning. 

FWIW, I also got one of these refurbished Clips from Woot, and it arrived defective.  It would turn on when plugged into external power (USB or wall charger), but wouldn’t power on under battery power.  My guess is that I got one of the Clips that was susceptible to having one of the battery leads come unconnected.  I think I may have read somewhere in this forum that there was apparently was a manufacturing run that produced these Clips.

Not sure if jogging/running could cause the battery lead to disconnect also, though that would make sense.

Unfortunately Woot has no more Clips to replace defective ones, so all they can do is give you an RMA so you can get a refund.  You get to pay S&H to ship your defective Clip back to them.  :neutral_face: