Sansa Clip 8GB+ has large number of problems

@tapeworm wrote:

@leptokurtosis wrote:

This was important because the first sign that anything was wrong with the clip was when it stopped playing abruptly and said I had to remove 90MB of content.

This would have been helpful information to have put in your first post. This message doesn’t necessarily mean what it says. It more often than not means there is 1 or more files are corrupted (usually not the firmware, but possibly). The easiest way to fix it is to format the player and re-load your content (after first verifying that the files themselves are not causing the problem).

You said you tried this before, but maybe you didn’t do it in the right sequence? Start with the player off. Open a Windows Explorer (My Computer) window. Press and hold the center button, then  plug the player into your computer. Continue holding the button down until it pops up in Windows Explorer. This should force an MSC connection so that you can now right-click on it in Windows Explorer and format it. Don’t use the Quick Format option.

Sorry, you’re absolutely right.  There were so many different phases of the problem as I tried different fixes that I lost track of which happened in what order.  The one about the 90MB needing to be removed first was something I forget all about.

I’ve tried holding down the on button for much longer than 20 seconds.  If the device is off, it comes on.  If it is off, it goes off and stays of.  Afterward all it displays is the logo.