Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
FMTC

Sansa Clip + 4GB Dead

I have had my clip + for about a 4 months now and it is now totally dead (Yes I tried the reset method to no help) I plugged it into my notebook computer and it was syncing songs and it just froze (The Clip device not the computer) the computer said found new hardware and the drivers were installed so I unplugged the clip and now it will not turn on or do anything at all

Is there a way to revive this player or should I request an RMA?

Thanks

Spacejockey

Re: Sansa Clip + 4GB Dead

Hi FMTC,

I have had a Sansa Clip+ 4GB for about 5 months.  I was listening to it earlier tonight and it stopped playing.  I'd had it plugged in all day so I knew the battery was practically fully charged. A look at the display showed it as in "Refreshing Your Media" mode, then it switched off.  Removing the MicroSD card and trying the swPower button failed, as did connecting it to the computer when I got home.

However, after reading a post in a FUZE forum I tried this method and it worked:  I held down the HOME button and the Power button simultaneously for about 5 seconds or so.  When I did it I hit the Home button a split second before also holding down Power (not that that necessarily mattered).  After a few seconds it showed the Sansa flower, and connecting it to the computer it began to charge as normal.

Hope this helps.

LizzieMac

Thank you so much for the info ... I was only 1 mile into my run when my Clip stopped working.

Came home and tried to charge it ... nothing. Tried a couple other things ... nothing.

So I tried the HOME/POWER simultaneously ... nothing.

BUT then I tried the HOME a split second before the POWER ... and voila. Flower. Music. Smile.

cliffordzkf

I tried. and a removable disk sign showed up in the PC. but it says the disk needs to be formated.

my problem is :i saved several mp3 songs from PC to the clip's "internal memory" folder.
when i tried to listen to the songs, the screen says not enough space for music DB. please free 90mb. and it just has no response.

and after several times of reset, it is totally dead now.

wpetersen6937

Thank you, worked great.
karthikpola

Hi,

I m also facing the same problem...I tries the proposed solution but its not wrking..plz suggest me.. whn i connect my device to my notebook sansa clip is not responding..plz suggest me..

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

karthikpola wrote:

I m also facing the same problem...I tries the proposed solution but its not wrking..plz suggest me.. whn i connect my device to my notebook sansa clip is not responding..plz suggest me..

Try a desktop computer (back ports preferred). Laptops or notebooks do not put out enough power to the USB ports a lot of the time. Their goal is to 'conserve' power, not 'spend' it.

KRONOZ

mi sanza fuze no le sirven los botones solo el de home y el de encendido???

como lo soluciono ???????

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

KRONOZ wrote:

mi sanza fuze no le sirven los botones solo el de home y el de encendido???

como lo soluciono ???????

You mis-posted, in the Clip+ board. 

jw13

Thank you so much for this solution - worked for me!