Sansa Clip+ 2GB won't start up, not recognized by the PC

On boot, it freezes at the 4 petal logo and doesn't go past it. The PC doesnt' recognize it. I tried:
Holding the power button to reset

Connecting to different PCs

Letting it run out of battery

Is it dead?

SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Clip+ 2GB won't start up, not recognized by the PC

How long are you holding the power button to reset? Normally, it resets in approx. 20-30 secs. but we've heard of extreme cases where it took over a minute.

Had the same problem. On a hunch, I tried a different USB cable. I had been using the one I use for my phone's backup battery. When I switched to a different cable, it was recognized by the PC. I still have not gotten the problem fixed, the updater program fails, but I'm going to try their manual update procedure:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/300

OK, after changing cables, the computer finally recognized the Clip, oops, mine's a Clip Zip 4GB, but it may work on yours.

I used the computer to format the device, then after a couple tries, it started, and did not stick on refreshing media.

Used the manual firmware update procedure from my last post. Back in biz, only bummer is I have to reload the music, minor.

DaveO

SanDisk Fanatic

Excellent advice   Your comment helped me realize only a micro USB data cable will allow Sansa devices to communicate to PC.