Sansa Clip 1st Generation, determining V1 and V2

I wanna find a Sansa Clip V1 from ebay etc. How i m gonna find out which one is v1 and v2? I m talking about brand new in boxes devices, so i wont be able to check firmware. A difference i can find is, some is SDMX11R, on the other hand some devices is SDMX18R. Is it possible to find out with this difference?

Thanks in advance.

The firmware version is the only reliable way to determine the hardware version status.

Why should it make a difference?  Why would you want a Clip rather than a Clip+? Are these Clips that cheap?

I m using custom iem with clip on the go or in the gym. I did not like the clip+ sq. In my opinion clip’s sq is better.

But that’s an issue between the Clip and the Clip+, and not between v1 and v2 of the Clip, right?  I wasn’t aware that there was any functional difference between v1 and v2 of the Clip (including sound), from the user perspective.

@compicat wrote:

I m using custom iem with clip on the go or in the gym. I did not like the clip+ sq. In my opinion clip’s sq is better.

They’re actually identical.

Not v1, v2 issue. My v1 demand is totally about collecting.

@miikerman wrote:

But that’s an issue between the Clip and the Clip+, and not between v1 and v2 of the Clip, right?  I wasn’t aware that there was any functional difference between v1 and v2 of the Clip (including sound), from the user perspective.

It’is not V1, V2 issue. My V1 demand is totally about collecting.

@saratoga wrote:

@compicat wrote:

They’re actually identical.

i can hear the difference with blind test. It may be my luck, but i don’t have cpu noises with original firmware on clip, i have it on clip+. When i rockboxed both of them, i get hiss from both devices. Getting little amount hiss on high volumes is of course better than getting cpu noise between tracks. I should accept that custom iems reflect every detail, so hiss is normal. Sansa clip is really little monster.