Sansa Clip 01.01.20 Latest Firmware Download

Well, if I recall correctly, when the update’s delay was noted the week before last, SanDisk said here that it would be 1-2 weeks.  By my reckoning, we’re now at 1-2 weeks …

I think I’m going to go on strike and refuse to play my player until the firmware update comes out.  Even tho I now have my cool new waterproof case for use of the player at (or even in) the pool …

:wink:

@miikerman wrote:

Well, if I recall correctly, when the update’s delay was noted the week before last, SanDisk said here that it would be 1-2 weeks.  By my reckoning, we’re now at 1-2 weeks …

I think I’m going to go on strike and refuse to play my player until the firmware update comes out.  Even tho I now have my cool new waterproof case for use of the player at (or even in) the pool …

:wink:

UUuuuhhhh!!! Where didja get the waterproof case??? (I bought my Clip specifically to use around the pool!)

That FWc was actually supposed to be out a few months ago- just keeps getting delayed. I don’t really care thoug- 20 works for me. The only reason I might try the 21 is because it fixes the shuffle glitch (supposedly).

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=6615

And it really does work.  A good deal.

:slight_smile:

I have been wating for a while for version 21.  I had 18 on my 4GB when I bought it.  I read here about the brightness and shuffle problems (actually getting a smoke grey silicone skin has helped greatly with outdoor playing) and I did not want to upgrade to 20 and then right over to 21 if it is coming out shortly, so I am in limbo…

It wil not be much longer hang in there.

@miikerman wrote:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=6615

And it really does work.  A good deal.

Thanks, Miiker!! This is just what I’ve been looking for! ('ll sure beat using a ziploc bag!)…I’m gonna order me one! (You’ve just extended the life of my Clip!)

Think nothing of it.  For under $10 with Google Checkout, and including the waterproof earplugs, a very nice deal.

New firmware will be released today :wink:

Thanks to all the forum members for their inputs,  suggestions and findings.

Have a great weekend!

SansaFix

Message Edited by sansafix on 05-16-2008 02:48 PM

Super-duper!

thnxx for the h/up

refresh

refresh

refresh

refresh 

Still nothing.  Updater is useless.  need direct link please.

Not yet posted here.

But available at the anythingbutipod.com forum:

–  forum thread:  http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29804

–  update direct link:  Download Firmware 1.01.29a

.29 has some great features such as the Ogg support but sadly I can’t get it to mount under LInux Fedora 7.  If anyone knows of a trick to get this working with Fedora 7, please post your tips???

Recent info in the forum appears in this thread.  Perhaps this will help.  Let us know.

Thanks SteveG.

I will stick with .20 as fc7 seems to find that agreeable until I get the OS upgraded to fc9.

“We are not alone”

not very helpful. I know where the root directory is, but where do I pick up the firmware to install? Can you supply a GO HERE AND READ THIS?

@pmrx wrote:
not very helpful. I know where the root directory is, but where do I pick up the firmware to install? Can you supply a GO HERE AND READ THIS?

Sure Go to the theread called Sansa Clip Firmware Update. The First post there has the firmware in it. You need to make sure you get the right on for your clip. Click the Link that says all regions for the firmware for your thread.

Porfavor necesito el software para mi mp3 si alguien me lo pudiera pasar se lo agradeceria…

No hay (para el Clip, por lo menos)–el Clip no necesita ningun software especifico.  El Clip funcciona en Windows, el Mac y Linux sin software especifico.  Si hay problema, asegure que el USB mode, en el Settings en el Clip, esta puesto en “MSC” (y no “MTP” o “Auto”).