SanDisk Sansa Clip+ having problems with playing songs as a player.

Hello, any help with this would be greatly appreciated. My Clip+ has suddenly started having problem playing songs. No matter the format of the song, when used as a player.

After selecting a song via the on screen menu (‘Artists’ or ‘Albums’ etc.) after playing the 1st song selected, it either “freezes” or shuts itself off. Sometimes, after selecting an album through the on screen menu, the palyer will play 2, 3 maybe 4 songs, then freeze or shuts off. Sometimes to get it to turn back on after it does this, I have to hold the power button down for quite a long time before it responds.

Now, plugging it into a PC, accessing the songs via Windoes Explorer, no issue. Also, using an installed media player (MS Media Player, MediaMonkey), everything works perfectly fine.

I’ve updated the firmware and have run MS CheckDisc on the player, as well as the microSD card. Also, battery shows full charge.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts and suggestions.

As long as you have copies of the music elsewhere, formatting the unit with its internal Format command (under Settings/System Settings) sometimes fixes peculiar behavior. You’d have to reload the music, of course. Might not help, but it’s worth a try.