SD Card and Folders

Hi,

I’m using a Mac, and Finder shows the various folders on the SandDisk. Music files are locatable from the “Music” folder, but Podcasts cannot be found on the SanDisk (In fact there’s not reference to them.)

Also, the SD card (“Untitled” in finder) show the tree: Music -> Audio -> Podcasts but not contebt revealed in Sandisk.

Basicly a) the card isn’t being detected (AFAIK) and b) “Music” is the only option (not “Podcasts” etc.) showing on the SandDisk menu.

Thanks,

Tim

Here are some tips that may assist you.

1. You can rename the SD card using FINDER . Right click on the SD card -> Get Info. Then use “Name & Extension:” to edit the SD card name.

2. FINDER should show these folders in the root directory of the SD card

Audible

Audiobooks

Music

Playlists

Podcasts

1. There is normally not an “Audio” folder under “Music”. 

2. You could consider ejecting the SD card from the player and then use the SD card adapter that comes with the micro SD card to directly read your micro SD card on your Mac. Then delete all files and folders on the micro SD card. Then (while the player is off and not connected) insert the micro SD card into the player. Then turn the player on and it will automatically create all the required folders on the micro SD card.

1.  Also, you could try using 16gb or 32gb micro SD cards. There is a separate discussion on this forum concerning problems using 64gb micro SD cards.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Clip-Sport-won-t-recognise-music/m-p/352205#M2681

Best Wishes

Thanks for the prompt reply. The SD card actually shows: 

Music

Audiobooks

Podcasts

The date shown in the “modified” folder is 1980. :slight_smile:

I have a 32gb card and tried step 4 - no dice, I’m afraid. (The SD card shows the same list of folders above.)

Could this have anything to do with the Firmware version?

Thanks,

Tim

1. Make sure your micro SD card is formatted as FAT32

2. What folders do you see in the root directory of the player using FINDER ?

3. I am a recent owner of the Clip Sport. Possibly the system of folders in the Sansa Clip+ is not the same as SanDisk Clip Sport

4. Here is a link to the discussion of the most recent FirmWare for the Clip+

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-18/td-p/280756

There are several guru-level forum users here who will likely contribute to this discussion with more expert advice.

Best Wishes

Looks like the recent Firmware helped - not sure if it *was* that though. The SD is now readable. Maybe it was just the FAT32 formtting that did it. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Tim