SANSA CLIP JUST STOPPED WORKING

Why? Is this as good as it gets with this mp3 player? Totally worked one day and the next, nothing. And yes, the battery was charged, etc, etc. I had read on the Radioshack website, under customer reviews, that this had happened to a few people…their Sansa just stopped working only after having it for a couple of months. I want to return it and get my money back but before I do, are there steps or solutions I might be not doing to resolve this rather frustrating problem?

Try a reset. Hold the power on switch up for 20-30 seconds, release and then try turning on normally. Sometimes these things need a reboot.

If that doesn’t work, it sometimes will work to leave the Clip plugged in and charging overnight.

thanks, I tried your fix and it worked great

Oh, the worry!  It just stopped working but holding down the power button as instructed did help.  All is well in my world again.  I love my Sansa!!!

@sansafromhubby wrote:

Oh, the worry!  It just stopped working but holding down the power button as instructed did help.  All is well in my world again.  I love my Sansa!!!

Guessing from your screen name, don’t forget the one you got it from . . .

@staceyb1962 wrote:
Why? Is this as good as it gets with this mp3 player? Totally worked one day and the next, nothing. And yes, the battery was charged, etc, etc. I had read on the Radioshack website, under customer reviews, that this had happened to a few people…their Sansa just stopped working only after having it for a couple of months. I want to return it and get my money back but before I do, are there steps or solutions I might be not doing to resolve this rather frustrating problem?

I see this issue a lot. I’ve been looking to buy one and was reading a lot of the reviews on Amazon about the short life span of these devices. Is the defect rate that high, or do users just not know how to reset ?

Thanks.

@abjr wrote:

I see this issue a lot. I’ve been looking to buy one and was reading a lot of the reviews on Amazon about the short life span of these devices. Is the defect rate that high, or do users just not know how to reset ?

People just do not read the User’s Manual, so therefore don’t know about the reset capability. In some cases they don’t even know how to use the device. We get these questions every day.

@abjr wrote:

Thanks.

I must say that apart from the very odd freeze (easily fixed with a reset), I have not have a hardware/firmware issue with my original Clip in over 3 years.

@abjr wrote:

Thanks.

I must say that apart from the very odd freeze (easily fixed with a reset), I have not had a hardware/firmware issue with my original Clip in over 3 years.

hi, am having the same problem, mine would not turn on, i have just had it for one week and it refused to tun on this morning but was playing some music out after which mean i pressed the on button again it stoped palying music and never turned on

Reset it.

@fempet wrote:

hi, am having the same problem, mine would not turn on, i have just had it for one week and it refused to tun on this morning but was playing some music out after which mean i pressed the on button again it stoped palying music and never turned on

Reset it.

Same problem. The light is on but nobody’s home. My PC doesn’t recognise the device. Reset 100 times, but makes no difference. Any other way to reset, perhaps?

same happened here…

it just stopped working.

than i have tried connecting on my pc and the windows wasnt recognizing;

than, i tried the wall charger – nothing.

i tried the reset thing – it’s not turning on.

but now windows has recognized as a “4mb mass storage device that needs to be formated”. but it is not turning on.

what now?

That meanst he firmware is corrupted, unless you were trying to modify the firmware right before it happened, its probably due to a bad memory chip.  RMA it.

omg, seriously?

no, it was sat on my desk… and now, is dead.

i’m not in us anymore, i’m back to brazil… ill spend twice the price of the device on shipping =s

are you sure that is what happened?

i cant believe… really… how can i trust on sansdisk hardware if that kind of stuff suddenly happens for NO reason?

No reason necessary. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had mine for about 3 months and think it’s great - in particular the “hold recollection” - remembering where you are on whatever you are playing across several tracks, and the very quick fast forward - both useful if all you listen to are 2 or 3 hours podcasts…

Anyway, it just stopped as the battery was low (during the Beatles “For Noone” on the radio show I listen to), and the screen was completely blank when I attached the player to the computer. I thought it was all over. But… I read this thread, plugged it in again and held the Power Button for at least a minute (whilst I read some more of this), and when I looked again it was back on. It didn’t come on after 30 seconds, so I’d suggest people hold the power button down for at lleast a minute or more before they give up on it (or  leave it to power overnight).

Thanks for the info.  A minute or more–wow!