Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
staceyb1962

SANSA CLIP JUST STOPPED WORKING

Why? Is this as good as it gets with this mp3 player? Totally worked one day and the next, nothing. And yes, the battery was charged, etc, etc. I had read on the Radioshack website, under customer reviews, that this had happened to a few people.....their Sansa just stopped working only after having it for a couple of months. I want to return it and get my money back but before I do, are there steps or solutions I might be not doing to resolve this rather frustrating problem?
SanDisk Fanatic
14124all

Re: SANSA CLIP JUST STOPPED WORKING

Try a reset. Hold the power on switch up for 20-30 seconds, release and then try turning on normally. Sometimes these things need a reboot.
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

If that doesn't work, it sometimes will work to leave the Clip plugged in and charging overnight.
jackc73

thanks, I tried your fix and it worked great

sansafromhubby

Oh, the worry!  It just stopped working but holding down the power button as instructed did help.  All is well in my world again.  I love my Sansa!!!

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

sansafromhubby wrote:

Oh, the worry!  It just stopped working but holding down the power button as instructed did help.  All is well in my world again.  I love my Sansa!!!

Guessing from your screen name, don't forget the one you got it from . . .

abjr

staceyb1962 wrote:
Why? Is this as good as it gets with this mp3 player? Totally worked one day and the next, nothing. And yes, the battery was charged, etc, etc. I had read on the Radioshack website, under customer reviews, that this had happened to a few people.....their Sansa just stopped working only after having it for a couple of months. I want to return it and get my money back but before I do, are there steps or solutions I might be not doing to resolve this rather frustrating problem?

I see this issue a lot. I've been looking to buy one and was reading a lot of the reviews on Amazon about the short life span of these devices. Is the defect rate that high, or do users just not know how to reset ?

Thanks.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

abjr wrote:

I see this issue a lot. I've been looking to buy one and was reading a lot of the reviews on Amazon about the short life span of these devices. Is the defect rate that high, or do users just not know how to reset ?

People just do not read the User's Manual, so therefore don't know about the reset capability. In some cases they don't even know how to use the device. We get these questions every day.

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

abjr wrote:

Thanks.

I must say that apart from the very odd freeze (easily fixed with a reset), I have not had a hardware/firmware issue with my original Clip in over 3 years.

fempet

hi, am having the same problem, mine would not turn on, i have just had it for one week and it refused to tun on this morning but was playing some music out after which mean i pressed the on button again it stoped palying music and never turned on