SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: SANSA CLIP JUST STOPPED WORKING

fempet wrote:

hi, am having the same problem, mine would not turn on, i have just had it for one week and it refused to tun on this morning but was playing some music out after which mean i pressed the on button again it stoped palying music and never turned on

Reset it.

Borismcx

Same problem. The light is on but nobody's home. My PC doesn't recognise the device. Reset 100 times, but makes no difference. Any other way to reset, perhaps?

snagnever

same happened here...

it just stopped working.

than i have tried connecting on my pc and the windows wasnt recognizing;

than, i tried the wall charger -- nothing.

i tried the reset thing -- it's not turning on.

but now windows has recognized as a "4mb mass storage device that needs to be formated". but it is not turning on.

what now?

SanDisk Guru
saratoga

That meanst he firmware is corrupted, unless you were trying to modify the firmware right before it happened, its probably due to a bad memory chip.  RMA it.

snagnever

omg, seriously?

no, it was sat on my desk... and now, is dead.

i'm not in us anymore, i'm back to brazil... ill spend twice the price of the device on shipping =s

are you sure that is what happened?

i cant believe... really... how can i trust on sansdisk hardware if that kind of stuff suddenly happens for NO reason?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

No reason necessary. :smileytongue:

jamesinsnow

I've had mine for about 3 months and think it's great - in particular the "hold recollection" - remembering where you are on whatever you are playing across several tracks, and the very quick fast forward - both useful if all you listen to are 2 or 3 hours podcasts.....

Anyway, it just stopped as the battery was low (during the Beatles "For Noone" on the radio show I listen to), and the screen was completely blank when I attached the player to the computer. I thought it was all over. But.... I read this thread, plugged it in again and held the Power Button for at least a minute (whilst I read some more of this), and when I looked again it was back on. It didn't come on after 30 seconds, so I'd suggest people hold the power button down for at lleast a minute or more before they give up on it (or  leave it to power overnight).

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

Thanks for the info.  A minute or more--wow!

jamesinsnow

A minute or more holding down the power button in my case - maybe because the battery was very low as well. So I'd suggest not stopping after twenty seconds if it hasn't worked by then.

Qaan

If this happens a lot, then maybe Sandisk should think maybe there's a problem with the product.  YA THINK???