SANSA CLIP+ FROZEN

OK so i was listening to my clip+ when it just turned off so i reset it but it stayed frozen on the welcome screen and then i let the battery drain recharged it and it still freezes on the welcome screen what should i do it wont play nothing 

See here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clipplus&thread.id=1765 

Thanks sansa jerks. since you didnt reply i switched to an ipod touch and find it way better than your products.

SanDisk has a toll-free phone number to call Tech Support (which is also free _ and immediate _). Don’t blame anyone here if you were too lazy to call and fix your own problem.

Hope you enjoy your pod. It cost you enough; you’d better.

Tapeworm wrote:

SanDisk has a toll-free phone number to call Tech Support (which is also free _ and immediate _). Don’t blame anyone here if you were too lazy to call and fix your own problem.

Hope you enjoy your pod. It cost you enough; you’d better.

yup…200 dollars for 8GB of capacity. And, you get to deal with iTunes! The only way I’ll ever have one of them is if someone else buys it…

:stuck_out_tongue: 

Not trying to turn this into an Apple-bashing thread, but . . .

doPi is as doPi does. :smiley:

Actually, the problem is rooted in the English of the original post.  Most readers probably bristled at the one continuous sentence, and didn’t want to step into the potential minefield.

If your Sansa freezes on power-up, the most basic first step is a soft reset. In the case of the Clip+ , this is done by simply pressing and holding the power button for 15-20 seconds, then releasing the button.  This powers the device off and resets it.

Then, try powering up as usual.  If the device will not operate normally, is this happening after transferring some music to the device?  You may have a corrupted music file.  In this case, go to your PC first.  Open a Windows Explorer window via My Computer, or press [Windows Key] + E.

Press and HOLD the center button on your Clip+ while connecting it to the USB port.  In a few seconds, the Clip+ will appear as SANSA CLIPP (E: ) for example.  You can then release the center button.  Right-click on the icon, then select properties , then the Tools tab, then click on the Check Now button under error-checking to check the volume for errors.

Otherwise, it’s off to deal with these guys.   

Your Touch wants $200 for your music selections.  Allow or deny?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: