Rockbox killed my Clip+.

Hi.

I’m from Poland and I used Clip+ with opensource Rockbox 3.10 firmware. Few days ago I updated Rockbox to 3.11.2 and my Clip+ just stop working. It turned off and I can’t turn it on. I press power button once and 30 seconds and nothing happen. I realize that Rockbox is an unofficial firmware, so the warranty does not apply but it’s any way to use paid-service or I must throw player to thrash?

Regards.

I don’t think running another firmware can actually damage your player. Its probably just crashed with the screen off. The power button seems undependable if the player crashes. If you plug in the headphones do you hear a click?

No I do not hear any click in headphones.

When I plug in Clip to my PC i have “UNDEF storage USB Device”. I waited a few days I thought that the player is running in background and waiting will discharged battery but nothing of this.

What operating system are you running? Does the USB device have a listed capacity?

Windows 7.

No. Device do not have listed capacity. “UNDEF storage USB Device” I have in manager Device. In my Computer I do not have anything.

@tommypl wrote:

Windows 7.

No. Device do not have listed capacity. “UNDEF storage USB Device” I have in manager Device. In my Computer I do not have anything.

Ok I’m not sure how it should look on Windows, but if you get a small USB device with nothing on it, that usually means a bad firmware flash. Was the firmware updating when it died?

I used rockbox 3.10 many weeks and works fine. I updated to 3.11.2 successful. It works with 3.11.2 few houres. I turned Clip+ off and I cant turn it on again.

Ok that is strange, usually you end up in this state when updating the firmware. Can you come on #rockbox on freenode.net? funman or someone else might be able to talk you through reflashing your player.