Replay Gain: A how to informational

Noobie here, just bought an 8Gb Clip+ to replace my water damaged Ipod nano (i never used the video or games anyway !)

So i’m using MediaMonkey 3.2.0.1294 and trying to get replay gain working on the clip, i select a track right click select analyze volume and a value appears in the track volume column of media monkey… i assume this is the calculated value for replay gain ???

so then when i sync that track to the Clip+ and try to view the replay gain info on the Clip+ it doesn’t show…

as an experiment i copied the file from the Clip+ back onto the PC renamed the file, and then using MP3tag editied the track name to be different from original so i knew whihc track was which, and altered the replay gain value (only by 0.1) saved the tags and copied that file back onto the Clip+ this file does show the replay gain value ???

now since as i copied the file from the Clip+ back to the PC and mp3tag saw the replay gain tag how come the Clip+ couldn’t ??? is it something i’m doing in media monkey ???

any suggestions welcome

Regards Andy