Podcasts are bleeding into each other

So I’ve had the clip+ for a little over a year now and only recently have started having problems with my podcasts.

Sometimes whn listening to a podcast, i will hear another podcast break through for maybe 1/4 of a second.

Annoying, but no big deal, but just tonight i was listening and halfway through a podcast it switched to another podcast completely BUT was still showing that it was playing the original podcast.

The podcast itself works fine on my PC through itunes.

tried formating it last night and had no issues with that, have used two different SD cards and had this happen.

It does seem to happen more when opening podcasts that are on the SD card.

and also: There have been some podcast files that stop playing a few minutes into the file and skip ahead to next file, BUT sometimes will continue playing as long as I fast foward through the first couple minutes.

This is a hard thing to google specifically so i would greaty appreciate any help, thanks in advance

This is a new one on me. Haven’t ever heard this before.

Looks like we might be on a dead end here. But if it’s feasible for you, have you tried resetting to factory default yet? 

@markwahl wrote:

Looks like we might be on a dead end here. But if it’s feasible for you, have you tried resetting to factory default yet? 

That will do nothing to address this problem. All resetting the Factory Defaults does is change the personal settings (Backlight Time on, Brightness level, Power Saver, FM Presets, etc.) back to the way they were set at the factory.

yeah this is kinda what i thought so i havent done it

Conceivably it’s a firmware glitch, and it can’t hurt to reload the firmware. 

Follow the manual instructions–the Updater is unnecessary.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-18/td-p/280756