Re: PLAYLISTS FOR DUMMIES: TAMING THE SANSA CLIP

The URL for the bash script has gone bad.

SanDisk Guru

I'm not surprised, after almost 4 years. This forum went through a complete re-vamp and new host a couple years ago. All previously good links were broken. Your best bet now would probably be Google.

[ Edited ]

Smiley Happy Thank you so much for your help, Billy; you gave the solution that worked!

How do you change to MTP mode in the Sansa Clipsport? I cannot find the option in the settings option on the device.

SanDisk Guru

You're in the wrong forum--there's a separate one for Clip Sport.

But the Sport does not have MTP mode, only  MSC.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61/~/enabling-or-forcing-msc-mode-on-your-sansa-player

SanDisk User

Thanks! I always thought that all players have the option to have both MTP and MSC mode. I just wondered why it's not available on all.
SanDisk Guru

No doubt, an engineering decision to try to save costs, in the cut-down Sport.

SanDisk Guru

Or maybe the whole MTP project of digital rights management/misery/mess was finally seen as the infringement on consumer options that it is. You can find mp3s of anything. The whole protected/encrypted/MTP thing was too restrictive.

SanDisk Guru

Except that, MTP mode still is needed for many services, such as Rhapsody and some library lending services.

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to share my new discovery. There is an application called Sansa Clip Playlist Creator which automates the process of creating a playlist, using it is easy as counting to three so I won't write tutorials here. Tested it and works wonderfully. So if any of you folks still have old clip in your shelf it's time to blow out the dust and check this little baby here. Props for anyone who created it.