Original factory settings

Just received my sansa clip+ & was attemting to increase the volume by following a previous post in changing the region to a non europe location & inadvertently selected an arabic or asian region so can not now read the menus.

Can anyone help in resetting the factory settings again under these circumstances.

Much obliged

From the main menu of the Sansa, look for Settings (image of an equalizer) then select the last option which should be System Settings. The fourth option should be Language. :smiley:

Jamieson wrote:
From the main menu of the Sansa, look for Settings (image of an equalizer) then select the last option which should be System Settings. The fourth option should be Language. :smiley:

And the 1st (or top) option within Language I believe is English. :wink:

Thanks for the advice but no luck finding the language settings. I have sent an e-mail to support on resetting the factory settings & will see what they come up with.

You can update or reoload firmware the of the player and that should reset the player back to factory settings.

If it gets confusing, resetting by reapplying the firmware (see the stickie thread at the top of the forum on this) can be the fastest and easiest way and thing to do.  You’ll be back on your feet in 5 minutes.

Again thanks for the suggestions. Tried repplying the firmware - no joy. Got message no updates available. Screen & menu options still in Arabic I think.

Reload the firmware manually. Turn off the Sansa first then press and hold the center button while connecting it to the computer. It should be recognized as Removable storage with a drive letter. Click on this link to download the firmware file and extract it. Transfer the extracted files to the root directory of the Sansa and unplug the player.

Once you turn it on, it should ask you for language.

The steps below is much faster tho’

@jamieson wrote:

Yep (and sorry I didn’t spell it out earlier):  you need to apply the firmware manually.  But very easy to do–just drag and drop, as explained in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Had a little trouble installing the firmware but a tech guy managed after a little while & all is back as it should be thanks to your help. Much appreciated.

Great to hear!

Specifically what settings are affected by “restore factory settings”?

@waltweir wrote:

Specifically what settings are affected by “restore factory settings”?

Only ‘personal’ preferences that you have changed like Backlight Brightness, Backlight time on, Sleep settings, USB Mode, FM Presets, etc.