On button problems?

I had the same problem but found a way around this, presuming it’s a mechanical problem of the switch.  You might also go to the website and download the latest firmware.  Note there is another Forum string where someone actually took it apart and re-attached the limit switch.  Also, I agree with your assessment to return it while it is still new.  My player stopped working during the extended warrantee program, but the company I bought it from went bankrupt and then reopened, so I couldn’t return it. :( 

It’s still broken but I can make it work.  To start it just plug it in as if to charge or to add music.  The battery will charge, or if it is already charged you can unplug it right away and use it.  Go to Settings/Sytem Settings/Power Saver.  (three levels) Set the power saver to the lowest number, which is 5 minutes on my model, and then lock it in.  When you want to shut it down, play any track and then hit “pause”.  Five minutes later the unit will shut down and your battery will not be drained.