Re: No more High setting in music volume?

Thanks for the tip!

FYI, selecting "North America" did not work either; had to select "Rest of World". Smiley Happy

Thanks from me too.  Spent all night trying to figure it out why I suddenly couldn't turn it up past a whisper.   Was ready to throw it in the trash.  

Tried doing the reset but it makes no difference. my volume is very low and there is no difference whether it is set to high or low, very disappointing.

SanDisk Guru

But you have a hi and low volume setting, and you're set to hi? If you don't have that option, reset the player to its player defaults (under the player's system settings options--we're not talking a reset by holding the power button down), or reapply the latest firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum), and choose a non-EU region when you choose your region, which then should offer you hi and low volume options under volume, under the player's system settings.
SanDisk Guru

Angell33 wrote:

Tried doing the reset but it makes no difference. my volume is very low and there is no difference whether it is set to high or low, very disappointing.

Don't take this the wrong way because we've heard this before, but . . . are you pressing the UP (top) volume button on the side of the player?

Original Clip

Volume UP is #10

Clip +

Volume UP is #13

Dear Tapeworm,  Thank you so much, I did not know there was a volume switch on the side, no mention of it in the instructionbook, volume is fine now.

SanDisk Guru

Perhaps to help:

The Clip manual:

http://www.sandisk.com/media/175960/clip_um_0608_eng.pdf

The volume controls are discussed on p. 4.

The Clip+ manual: 

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/um/clip+-en-um.pdf

The volume controls are discussed on p. 4.

Is this solution valid for a Sansa Clip Zip 4GB ?

SanDisk Guru

cfwnap43 wrote:

Is this solution valid for a Sansa Clip Zip 4GB ?

Yep. Smiley Happy

I've just followed your instructions and chose Japanese as a non-European option.  Now all text is in Japanese!  Help please!