Re: No more High setting in music volume?

Tapeworm I do not think that is the problem in this case. the rips are of a good quality and seems to work flawlessly when listened to in other music players as well as computer. these gaps are more like irregular but regular gaps, meaning they appear many times during the songs, but not necessarily in the same places.

but I appreciate your input in any case!

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Maybe not. I believe you said you updated the firmware, didn't you? If not, I would do that. Also, formatting the player sometimes resolves strange and un-explained phenomenon. Of course, you'll have to re-load your content afterwards, but if it fixes it, it will be worth the time spent.

You can use the Format feature in Settings > System Settings.

Yes I did update the firmware and also tried formatting the player but with no success unfortunately. I don't know what to try next.

Thanks for the tips though

SanDisk Guru

I suggest that you return it or exchange it while you still can.  It may just be a defective unit.

SanDisk Guru

Could it be that the songs are in a format or were ripped using a riprate that the Clip doesn't like? What is the format and riprate of some of the songs? (I doubt that this could be the issue, but stranger things have happened.)
SanDisk Guru

BabbaBabba wrote:

Yes I did update the firmware and also tried formatting the player but with no success unfortunately. I don't know what to try next.

What exactly do you mean no success? You were unsuccessful in formatting the player, or some files are still playing erratically?

SanDisk Guru

Like I said before, audio randomly cutting out probably means theres a short connection somewhere or a burned out transistor.  I don't think formatting or updating the firmware is going to fix that.  

SanDisk Guru

saratoga wrote:

Like I said before, audio randomly cutting out probably means theres a short connection somewhere or a burned out transistor.  I don't think formatting or updating the firmware is going to fix that.  

Quite possibly not. But it's the only things one can try before declaring it defective and returning it.

SanDisk Guru

BabbaBabba wrote:

Ok I see. Well it was bought yesterday and have been the same from the start so it must be some manufacturing error then. I have tried many different headphones without much difference.

thanks

Try pushing in the headphone plug some more, even if you think it's already all the way in. These players have a notoriously tight jack when new, and not having the plug all the way in can cause the problem you describe.

SanDisk Guru

gwk1967 wrote:

BabbaBabba wrote:

Ok I see. Well it was bought yesterday and have been the same from the start so it must be some manufacturing error then. I have tried many different headphones without much difference.

thanks

Try pushing in the headphone plug some more, even if you think it's already all the way in. These players have a notoriously tight jack when new, and not having the plug all the way in can cause the problem you describe.

Ah, that's right! Been so long since anybody mentioned this, I'd forgotten about it.

Great suggestion George!