SanDisk Guru

Re: No more High setting in music volume?

winormj wrote:

How do I increase the volume on my zansa clip+?

The volume control rocker is on the side of the device. Smiley Tongue

Seriously though, this little guy puts out plenty of volume by itself. So much so that the EU determined it can be detrimental to your hearing, so they instituted a maximum level. But then, if you read the rest of this thread you already know that and the workaround in case you are affected by it.

The only other way to "pump it up" would be to use a headphone amp. Be careful though, hearing loss happens gradually over the course of several years, and you can never get it back. Smiley Wink

Good thing I seen this thread, I didn't know how powerful those headphones were that came with the clip were untill i tried them just now, blew my other ones out of the water! amazing sound quality! and with the higher level setting just makes this sansa clip experiece that more enjoyable. Thanks!

SanDisk Guru

If you don't have a Hi volume option under the Settings, EU firmware has limited the volume.  See the above to correct that.

I have just purchased my sansa clip+ 8GB. It too has no volume control, and reseting factory default does nothing.

It has the newest drivers as default. Is there any way to get a hold of the old firmware and use this instead?

SanDisk Guru

When you re-set, you need to set the region to a non-EU region (such as N America or Rest of World).  Or, reapply the firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky at the top of the forum) and set the region likewise. 

"When you re-set, you need to set the region to a non-EU region (such as N America or Rest of World)."

So simple... worked like a charm, thanks dude!

My new Clip+ does not produce enough volume to playback on my (also new) Logitech Pure Fi Plus speaker.  It sounds fine in the ear buds and the volume control is set to High.  Is this normal?  I am using a cable to connect the Clip to the Speakers.

SanDisk Guru

Have you tried a different connecting cable?  I'm not familiar with the speakers--anything else to set/change with them?  And do they work with other input?

Tried a portable CD player with a different cable and volume is great.  Went back to the Clip and volume is OK, but not as loud as with the CD player.  I'm not trying to blow out the windows....but I do like to fill the room with sounds.  There are no other adjustments on the speakers...just on/off and volume.

SanDisk Guru

I'm not an audio guy here, but I wonder if the Clip just doesn't have enough driving force to produce the volume you would like with the speakers, given their audio characteristics.  If you wanted more volume, one thing you could do would be to get a small amplifier to use between the Clip and the speakers--while it sounds like a big deal, it really isn't and there are some nice, inexpensive ones out there (such as by FiiO) that you could try. 

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.fiio