mrsmr2

Re: No more High setting in music volume?

[ Edited ]

Quick question:

If I select "Reset Factory Settings" will it wipe the music off the player?

Message Edited by mrsmr2 on 07-02-2010 09:23 AM
D2, Clip 4GB, Clip+ 8GB. SE530
kail

If I select "Reset Factory Settings" will it wipe the music off the player?

No. That didn't happen when I did a reset.

mrsmr2

Thanks, it worked fine.
D2, Clip 4GB, Clip+ 8GB. SE530
nwimpney

Plus, different headphones vary wildly in sensitivity.  I listen to my music very quietly in general.  With my very sensitive IEMs the volume setting is almost at the bottom.  My Koss portapros and KSC75s are at around 1/3 of the way up, and my old fostex T-20 are a little over half, all with the volume set to "high".

If I couldn't set it to high the Fostex phones wouldn't even be usable.  The max volume on "normal" is 50%, and a reasonable, but fairly quiet listening level on those phones is about 60%.

Meanwhile, full volume on "normal" would be loud enough to cause hearing damage with my IEMs.

stuiterballetje

This is really a stupid thing. It would be much better if they warn you when you go over the 'safe' volume instead of just making it impossible to increase it, unless you lie about your location!

The volume that was set as maximum is too low to hear the music when you are cycling with hard wind or while listening in an airplane! 

I was about to go back to the shop where I bought it but then I realized that I just did not believe that the maximum volume was really limited by the hardware. Strolling through the manual I read about a volume option which I did not have on my device (I live in the Netherlands) and then I was nerdy enough to check the forum. 

I believe that warning people is ok, but please just allow them to think for themselves! I don't blame SanDisk though, they just have to follow the rules. 

Overall the player is really nice and cool, and extremely easy to use!!!  

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

It's all a response to the EU directive that volume limitation be enacted.  Presumably, especially good for one's children (until they read the forum and leaarn how to get around it, that is). 
SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

[ Edited ]

Well, legislators most certainly aren't engineers.  The sensitivity of IEMs is considerably higher than open earbuds, making the attenuation factor a bit of a problem.  The EU limitation is a matter of product compliance, of course, that all manufacturers must comply with.

I had to play the role of "volume constable" with my daughters, until they saw the light of preserving their hearing.

My hearing is still acceptable as of the last test, but years of blaring sirens overhead, chainsaws, and the helicopter turbines have nibbled at my own ears.

Always set your volume at a comfortable level if you can.  Tinnitus sucks, to put it mildly.  I carry a set of "foamies" in my pocket, and don the big guys whenever the noise level is high.

Bob  :smileywink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 08-15-2010 05:50 PM
maestros001

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much for the astuce !!!

I was deseperate because I couldn't hear music on my bicycle...

SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

maestros001 wrote:

I'd prefer to listen for cars coming, myself....:smileywink:

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Marvin_Martian wrote:

maestros001 wrote:

I'd prefer to listen for cars coming, myself....:smileywink:

Indeed . . . otherwise the next sound yoiu hear may be the beep . . . beep . . . beep of the heart rate monitor or the whoosh . . . whoosh . . . whoosh of the respirator in the Intensive Care unit of the hospital. :smileysurprised: