No more High setting in music volume?

Sandisk has a peculiar habit of discontinuing its better products or (in this case) hamstringing them with updates and still discontinuing them. The original Fuze is still the best mp3 player I’ve ever seen for under $1,000.00 USD. In fact, though it originally cost under $100.00, I’ve seen new ones still in original packaging sell for up to $800.00 on eBay. I am a former studio guitarist and have run recording boards in studios and major outdoor concerts, so I’ve developed a decent ear for music. Aside from my Clip+, which I use sometimes for it’s size advantage, I still have 3 Fuzes left (I bought a bunch when I heard they were going to be discontinued). I’ve tested the Fuze against top iPods and other mp3 players in the $1,000.00 and under range using $2.000.00 studio reference headphones connected through an $800.00 headphone processor/DSP box and the Fuze was notably better than anything else. So of course, Sandisk replaced it with the Fuze+, which is a real PITA with a touchscreen you are constantly touching by accident, fouling up your listening. Sandisk still supports some of its much older Exxx models and inferior Clip versions, making it a real mystery why they discontinued the Clip+ and the Fuze. Sandisk just doesn’t get it.