No more High setting in music volume?

Is the headphone jack fully inserted into the Clip?  I know it sounds silly, but sometimes it isn’t, and with a new Clip, it can take an extra firm push/shove–the connector may be tight, originally.

Otherwise, if your headphones are ok (have you tried others?), there may be something wrong with your Clip (or files)–this baby can get ear-shattering loud.  Are you still within the warranty period?  (1 year US/2 years EU.)  In at least the U.S., a call to SanDisk will get you a new player under the warranty, with SanDisk covering the shipping cost.

Is the headphone jack fully inserted into the Clip?  I know it sounds silly, but sometimes it isn’t, and with a new Clip, it can take an extra firm push/shove–the connector may be tight, originally.

Otherwise, if your headphones are ok (have you tried others?), there may be something wrong with your Clip (or files–be sure to try others)–this baby can get ear-shattering loud.  Are you still within the warranty period?  (1 year US/2 years EU.)  In at least the U.S., a call to SanDisk will get you a new player under the warranty, with SanDisk covering the shipping cost both ways.

Hi.

OK I trued this and on my Sansa Clip+ and its made no difference whatsoever and its now all in Chinese so I can’t understand anything…

HELP Please

D

@markhamdarren wrote:

Hi.

OK I trued this and on my Sansa Clip+ and its made no difference whatsoever and its now all in Chinese so I can’t understand anything…

It’s probably quicker and easier to just reinstall the firmware., than trying to navigate the menus in a forgien language.  You’ll have to do that manually if you have the lastest version.  The post will have a link to download it and instructions on how to do it. 

After the clip+ updates itself, it’ll ask you to select a language and region.

How do I increase the volume on my zansa clip+?

@winormj wrote:

How do I increase the volume on my zansa clip+?

The volume control rocker is on the side of the device. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, this little guy puts out plenty of volume by itself. So much so that the EU determined it can be detrimental to your hearing, so they instituted a maximum level. But then, if you read the rest of this thread you already know that and the workaround in case you are affected by it.

The only other way to “pump it up” would be to use a headphone amp. Be careful though, hearing loss happens gradually over the course of several years, and you can never get it back. :wink:

Good thing I seen this thread, I didn’t know how powerful those headphones were that came with the clip were untill i tried them just now, blew my other ones out of the water! amazing sound quality! and with the higher level setting just makes this sansa clip experiece that more enjoyable. Thanks!

If you don’t have a Hi volume option under the Settings, EU firmware has limited the volume.  See the above to correct that.

If you don’t have a Hi volume option under the Settings, EU firmware has limited the volume.  See the above to correct that, easily.

I have just purchased my sansa clip+ 8GB. It too has no volume control, and reseting factory default does nothing.

It has the newest drivers as default. Is there any way to get a hold of the old firmware and use this instead?

When you re-set, you need to set the region to a non-EU region (such as N America or Rest of World).  Or, reapply the firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky at the top of the forum) and set the region likewise. 

“When you re-set, you need to set the region to a non-EU region (such as N America or Rest of World).”

So simple… worked like a charm, thanks dude!

My new Clip+ does not produce enough volume to playback on my (also new) Logitech Pure Fi Plus speaker.  It sounds fine in the ear buds and the volume control is set to High.  Is this normal?  I am using a cable to connect the Clip to the Speakers.

Have you tried a different connecting cable?  I’m not familiar with the speakers–anything else to set/change with them?  And do they work with other input?

Tried a portable CD player with a different cable and volume is great.  Went back to the Clip and volume is OK, but not as loud as with the CD player.  I’m not trying to blow out the windows…but I do like to fill the room with sounds.  There are no other adjustments on the speakers…just on/off and volume.

I’m not an audio guy here, but I wonder if the Clip just doesn’t have enough driving force to produce the volume you would like with the speakers, given their audio characteristics.  If you wanted more volume, one thing you could do would be to get a small amplifier to use between the Clip and the speakers–while it sounds like a big deal, it really isn’t and there are some nice, inexpensive ones out there (such as by FiiO) that you could try. 

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.fiio

@miikerman wrote:

I’m not an audio guy here, but I wonder if the Clip just doesn’t have enough driving force to produce the volume you would like with the speakers , given their audio characteristics.  If you wanted more volume, one thing you could do would be to get a small amplifier to use between the Clip and the speakers–while it sounds like a big deal, it really isn’t and there are some nice, inexpensive ones out there (such as by FiiO) that you could try. 

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.fiio

I agree. These little mp3 players only put out “milliwatts” of power. They are only designed to drive ear-bud type phones stuck directly in your ear canal, not provide “room-filling” sound.

Adding a headphone amp would help, although a better way of doing it I think (with less hardware too) is to get AC-powered Computer Speakers. Some of them have sub-woofers as well, and are relatively inexpensive.

My experience exactly… It sometimes helps to be nerdy.

summerlove wrote:

It’s a legal thing.

Use the ‘reset factory settings’ option in system settings.  For region choose something that isn’t Europe.

I had the same problem and found your solution. It works fine, thanks a lot.

These stupid Eurocrats! In order to save kids from their own thoghtlessness they prevent the older people from using modern technology and taking part in musical culture. I like classical music. This makes things more sophisticated as the volume level changes, and on “EU level” you can’t hear the quiet passages.

If the Eurocrats should ever forbid this workaround, I will have to file a suit at the European High Court for minority rights.

Thanks for the solution which worked perfectly. The Help Desk do know the answer but won’t tell you and refer you here. It’s a mad world.